Sign in to follow this  

Dyno and Jetting

What kind of hp numbers does a stock 250X make? I am coming from a 2004 Husky TE250 that supposedly put out power like a 270. It was just snappy enough in stock form and wouldn't mind a 2006 but they are already sold out and now I have no bike. I rode a 2004 250X but honestly don't remember much about the engine. I loved the suspension, quiet exhaust and fun factor however.

Does the CRF250X need the JD jet kit? Do you get noticeably more hp or fuel economy or just a very small improvement in either one?

Nevermind the Dyno part. It looks like about 26hp stock. That is pretty weak so I assume jetting, JD or otherwise is to wake the bike up a bit.

Greg

yes do the ccc mods with a JD jetting kit and its a night and day difference on the bike!

Check out what this dealer just told me.

He said, and this is related to the Pacific Northwest, that opening up the airbox is a bad idea. If you ride in summer it is okay as dust isn't a problem. But when you ride in the mud you'll get dirt in your engine. Why? Because our mud in the northwest is very fine and once it dries in the filter, it will get sucked into the engine and cause damage. I tried not to laugh when he said this. He did quote me a pretty good price however.

I can't imagine any sort of mud being finer grain than the summer silt that lines the trails this time of year.

As far as mods, what all does the CCC refer to? Airbox, pink wire and . . .

I'll probably leave the wire alone for now.

Greg

theres a line on the airbox which is the CCC line.

i originally just opened mine a few inches, but when rejetting i decided to do it to CCC specs.

the CCC mods included a bunch of stuff. but most people seem to do

-air box

-exhaust (drill out/remove diffuser sparky, its up to you how much)

-pink wire mod (im not doin it, seems to be associated with valve issues)

-and an R header

i think it also included an R cam.

but i would rather get a hot cam.

i didnt think it would be a big deal to rejet the bike either. but boy was i wrong.

i CCC'd my air box and completly removed my sparky/difuser and rejetted and its a WHOLE NEW BIKE!! i love it.

its got alot more kick now. especially feel it when accelerating hard from 2nd to 3rd gear.

the bike is alot better after rejet and a few mods.

as far as HP, its mixed. some say sock is any where from 28-33. i woudl bet my bike (ANY OTHER SIMILAR MODDED) pushes around 33-35hp.

just off CCC and rejet. IDK. prolly less. who knows.

Greg

Go HERE for loads of info.

theres a line on the airbox which is the CCC line.

i originally just opened mine a few inches, but when rejetting i decided to do it to CCC specs.

the CCC mods included a bunch of stuff. but most people seem to do

-air box

-exhaust (drill out/remove diffuser sparky, its up to you how much)

-pink wire mod (im not doin it, seems to be associated with valve issues)

-and an R header

i think it also included an R cam.

but i would rather get a hot cam.

i didnt think it would be a big deal to rejet the bike either. but boy was i wrong.

i CCC'd my air box and completly removed my sparky/difuser and rejetted and its a WHOLE NEW BIKE!! i love it.

its got alot more kick now. especially feel it when accelerating hard from 2nd to 3rd gear.

the bike is alot better after rejet and a few mods.

as far as HP, its mixed. some say sock is any where from 28-33. i woudl bet my bike (ANY OTHER SIMILAR MODDED) pushes around 33-35hp.

just off CCC and rejet. IDK. prolly less. who knows.

How loud do they get with the modified muffler? I hate loud bikes and want to keep the bike similar to something like the new Husky's which are probably about three db louder than the CRF250X.

Thanks for the information.

Greg

Check out what this dealer just told me.

He said, and this is related to the Pacific Northwest, that opening up the airbox is a bad idea. If you ride in summer it is okay as dust isn't a problem. But when you ride in the mud you'll get dirt in your engine. Why? Because our mud in the northwest is very fine and once it dries in the filter, it will get sucked into the engine and cause damage. I tried not to laugh when he said this. He did quote me a pretty good price however.

I can't imagine any sort of mud being finer grain than the summer silt that lines the trails this time of year.

Greg

wow never heard that bout the air box...i just opened the top of mine, not to full ccc suggested...i also didn't do the pink wire mod tho because for me, the extra rpms arnt worth the engine risk