Sign in to follow this  

Bridgestone..VS..Dunlop..VS..Michelin

I need a soft to intermediate tire i have to choose from the Bridgestone M201/202 The Dunlop 756 and the michelin startcross MS3. I am in eastern NC and ride every thing the tracks have alot of sandy loam and the jumps are some harder pack stuff. I currently run the 756 since thats what was on my bike when i got it but around here you see mostly MS3 and a few of the other 2. I just wondering what are the pros cons of these tires. What one last the longest and what IYO has the best tracktion. I am wanting to try the M201/202 or the MS3 but they are a little more $$. Help!!!!! :thumbsup:

I've never used bridgestone and i don't have a lot of complaints or hoorays for dunlop, but my Michelin MS3 has lasted for ever! when i switched from the dunlop on my bike to my MS3 it was quite a noticable change for the good. I've never had a problem with it when switching form hard packed to soft terrain. I don't think you would have any regrets with the Michelin. I'll probably never switch tires from my MS3

Yeah thats what i have been hearing about the MS3 i know they are all good tires but i hear the MS3 lasts long and hooks up great. I am intersted in the M201/M202 by Bridgestone cuz it looks like it will hook up good and alot of the factory team have been running them for the last few year....yamaha...suz...kawi....team facotrys and they are the ones up from granted they have the best riders the big 3 but if the facotry team choose that it has to be a good tire just dont know how it lasts....for us budget people

Remember the factory teams get their tires as part of a sponsorship deal, they don't pay for them. Also I have heard that the tires they run are not the same as what we buy. And finally they don't care if the tire lasts, they change them afer every moto.

I know for a fact that all Juha Salimen runs is the Star Cross regardless of terrain. I have had great success with the Michelin and even when they look hammered they still hook up.

the 202 is a great tire in soft terain! In my experience, Dunlops don't last very well, and I've never tried the Michelin. I'd say go with the B stone or the Michelin

I've never had a problem with it when switching form hard packed to soft terrain. I don't think you would have any regrets with the Michelin. I'll probably never switch tires from my MS3

Agreed 100%

I ran Dunlops for 15 years until I discovered the Michelins.

In the SX pits, all the privateers in Houston were putting on Mich's. at the Michelin tire booth. 2 guys busting ass mounting for a few hrs. The Dunlop and the Bridgestone booth had their guys sitting and doing nothing. That told me a little something about what they've found to work the best.

My StarX's with 20 hrs on them work as good as a new 756!

I usually get around 40 hrs of wear from a MH3 before I trash it. It begins with 15mm of knob height and I trash it @ 10mm. A new 756 has 12mm.and rounds off quickly. I had to trash a dunlop @ 12 hrs ... too rounded and short.

thank you for the info i know there all good tires but i think now that the Michelin are make for us poor folk who cant afford a new tire after a weekend of riding!!!!!