Sign in to follow this  

CRF 250X - JD Jet Kit

I am thinking about moving to one of these bikes and adding a jet kit to the bike.

1) Stock hp seems very ho-hum at about 26hp. I assume it is due to very lean jetting.

2) If I add a JD jet kit is it recommended to perform all the CCC mods as well? I wouldn't mind opening up the airbox but don't want to cut wires, change cams or make the bike louder (exhaust wise). It would be nice to get to 30 hp with some snap to the powerband. Truth be told I wish manufactures would make about a 320cc bike. That would be perfect.

The JD site said to ask here so that is what I am doing.

Greg

Most of the 250F's will make over 30HP, and a more open version of the CRF250X should too, however this is going to be above 9000rpm. They aren't exactly quiet when revving hard.

If you want smooth torque in an easy to handle package, look closely at the KTM400EXC.

James

Most of the 250F's will make over 30HP, and a more open version of the CRF250X should too, however this is going to be above 9000rpm. They aren't exactly quiet when revving hard.

If you want smooth torque in an easy to handle package, look closely at the KTM400EXC.

James

A KTM 400 is a very nice choice but I hear the valves on that engine are much more difficult to adjust than the newer bikes. Maybe that isn't true? I'll to look at one today and see what I think. I am also looking at a Gas Gas 300 two stroke. I'll get something this weekend one way or another.

Greg