Sign in to follow this  

Anyone taken theirs????

We are making a trip to Glamis in October. Has anyone taken their 150 to Glamis? If so how did it do? I know it wont be anything like the big bikes, but will it make it up most stuff? Anything i should do to prepare this bike for Glamis?

Thanks,

Luke

Oh and BTW, (for you guys wondering why im taking the 150)My cousin is coming out so he will be riding the 500 most of the time.

We are making a trip to Glamis in October. Has anyone taken their 150 to Glamis? If so how did it do? I know it wont be anything like the big bikes, but will it make it up most stuff? Anything i should do to prepare this bike for Glamis?

Thanks,

Luke

Oh and BTW, (for you guys wondering why im taking the 150)My cousin is coming out so he will be riding the 500 most of the time.

I doubt that it will climb a whole lot in the sand, my kids 150 wont make it up thishttp://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g77/crfonly/Picture1705.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g77/crfonly/Picture1705.jpg

In that pic he is on a 250

I've gotten around on a TTR125 in the sand at Superstition Mountain, which is near Glamis, but I've never ridden Glamis. I'm assuming the sand is equally difficult if not worse at Glamis so you should be able to put around but don't expect to get up super steep hills from a stand still, you will need to be going as fast as you can at all times to get around. You should probably go to superstition instead if you want sand and theres some cool trails around the mountain that will be no problem.

I dont understand the whole dunes thing. Drunks, Idiots, morons. Hell sounds like fun. Gimme some more.

the 150 doesnt do well in deep sand at all, I let my nephew ride mine in the sand and it fell on its face. its doesnt have enought power. For that kind of sand you need alot of speed to keep you on top. And it doesnt have alot of grunt to carry the speed needed to make it up the hills. Besides the fact that its air cooled and your going to be pinning it everywhere you go, your going to fry the motor.

A chick friend of mine has a bone stock crf230 with a paddle, and she can skirt around galmis but cant do the big hills. And she only weights about a buck ten.

If its all you have and your going to do it anyways, just keep in mind the heat factor, and try to skirt the dunes more than up and over them. And dont try and run Comp or Olds.

Just my 2 cents.

hey man

Your 150 will handle the hills fine, just try to get a paddle . My 230 with a paddle had no problems, I made it to the top of the day hill. It's gonin to be hell with out a paddle, especially if you want to somewhat keep up with the big bikes.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=10694

I have riden at dunes on the 150 before. Just not Glamis. I rode at Dumont without a paddle because i couldnt get one in time. I could get around alright but it was just the big dunes that stopped it about half way up.