Sign in to follow this  

another clutch question

its actually two

Firstly where the cable runs down on top of the case and into the clutch cover the (not sure what it's called) that holds the cable and makes it tight snapped off. Do I need this? IS there an easy fix?

Secondly my clutch just crapped out and everybody told me it wad the cable me and my buddy went at the cable for a while with no luck and we figured out the problem was internal with the clutch. I took the clutch cover off to see if there was anything wrong and I looked at my pressure plates and they were wiggling as if I was missing something in there? It's a brand new clutch, my plates shouldn't be dead. Why would my clutch work and suddenly stop? Anybody else ever have this problem? What can I do, I'm getting frustrated with this damn clutch?

probably because the bracket that holds the cable in place broke, the end of the cable needs to be held in place for the lever to move properly, so to answer question no. 1, yes you need that bracket :thumbsup:

its actually two

I took the clutch cover off to see if there was anything wrong and I looked at my pressure plates and they were wiggling as if I was missing something in there?

Something is DEFINATELY wrong. When all the 5 pressure plate bolts are tightened down (the ones that go through each clutch spring) The springs prelaod all the clutch plates. You should'nt be able to move any of the clutch plates.

Sounds like something is holding the pressure plate of the bands or you did not put all of them in.

The mount thing on top of the case that the lever runs through and also the clutch plates wiggle which shouldnt be happening and I had my truested shop do it and the clutch just randomly crapped out. So i want to find out if it's a good idea to have my case tig weled, and waht to do about my plates.

If they did the clutch job I would take it back to them, as far as the tig weld goes, I would feel much more comfortable with a new side case, Bike Bandit says the side cover is around $170.

Here is the pic of it! :thumbsup:

1997KDX200H3US_E1431.gif

If they did the clutch job I would take it back to them, as far as the tig weld goes, I would feel much more comfortable with a new side case, Bike Bandit says the side cover is around $170.

Here is the pic of it! :thumbsup:

1997KDX200H3US_E1431.gif

I'm going to give them a call on Tuesday and the case, it's on the case of bottom end which I think would be a little more expensive than $170 but if it is 170 I'm definately going to get one. :ride: Thanks a lot

Linco your are absolutely awesome. I thought I would have to get a whole new case for the bottom end but I just need an another clutch cover, and it's only 170 bucks OEM from Bike Bandit, I'm going toorder that tomorrow. Thanks a lot, I reall appreciate it.

No problem,

It not really the clutch cover, it is the side case cover that the clutch cover bolts on to. It looks like a good amoutn of work to replace it.

Good luck with it, I hope to see you riding at Thomaston Dam one of these days!

:thumbsup: