Sign in to follow this  

3x3 attempt #1 on 06 DRZ 400s

I think I've got the facts except for a couple if anyone can help.

Normal riding elevation is 2500' to 4000' and occasionally 5500' to 8500'; what main jets recommended for the two riding elevations? Is the stock pilot jet acceptable?

Also, I had a link to the 3x3 mod instructions from "Burned" but the link doesn't work anymore...anyone know where I can find the 3x3 mod instructions on-line?

rocky

I'm still confused on one item...here's what I have so far:

DJ stage 1 kit for 06 DRZ 400 S...has various size jets except a 140, but I ride above 3000' 90% of the time.

Apparently I have to separately buy the extended fuel screw and pilot jet...correct?

Here's the one item:

Will my stock pilot jet (22.5?)work sufficiently for the elevations (3000 - 6000') I'm riding??

Here's the one item:

Will my stock pilot jet (22.5?)work sufficiently for the elevations (3000 - 6000') I'm riding??

The stock 22.5 pilot might be better for your elevation. I'm at 3800' myself so that's what I am using. You will need a smaller main for your elevation too and probably clip 3 on the DJ needle. You need to buy the EFS seperate. I use the Kientech and it works well. :thumbsup:

Mine is set up for 1000'-4000' and here is what Burned gave me and it works great.

Dyno jet kit

Needle is 3rd clip from the top

25 pilot jet

136 main jet

fuel screw 2.5 turns

3x3 hole in airbox

I run a full yosh rs3, 3X3, Dyno Jet stage 1 and run at 4000 ft and that works great with these settings (from Burned) 132 main jet,clip 3,stock 22.5 pilot jet,3 turns fuel screw (for future refrence when you get a full yosh :thumbsup: )

I did a night DS ride in Big Bear the other night.

100 mi. ride and elevation was from 2k'-8k' with mostly 5K'-7K'.

Setup was:

stock pipe

3X3

DJ stage 1

134 MJ

25 PJ

extended fuel screw 2.5 turns(made no difference where it was though)

Bike ran like crap starting out, major bog, but ran good after 1/4 throttle. Lower elevation was a lot better.

I later found out the pilot jet was too big and I should have used the stock one.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Guys/gals- This is huge input :thumbsup::ride: Keep it coming, I'm sure everyone out there is getting experience listening to all the different setups in different elevations/terrain :ride:

Keep it comin! :cry:

Just did the DJ kit yesterday and after a few rides I have to give it a big :thumbsup: Way smoother power delivery and a lot more mid and top end, it just wants to pull.

5,300 feet / 130 main / 22.5 pilot / extended fuel screw at 2.5 turns / 3rd clip / stock exhaust with billet end cap.