Sign in to follow this  

LOOK!! ?? KX80 to kx100 CONVERSION?? Need input on this please

I took the bike into my local mechanic to see if it needed a new set of lower end bearings . We tore it down and it needed all new bearings so I decided to replace the all of them including the crank and rod . The cylinder was worn as well . He happened to have a KX100 cilinder and piston from another racer who's bike he was servicing last year until he went to a bigger bike. He had a KX 85 they converted to a KX 100 .

Am I in for trouble doing this? I needed a new cylinder anyway and decided to go this route because he offered the new cylinder and head for $150 and I was looking at $300+ for a new kx 80 cylinder not including the head. I know he is very capable of the conversion and has taken care of a few local riders / racers and has done this before. Any input would be helpful.

I'm not sure if the carb and pipe are the same, but I have a KX100 exhaust (pipe+silencer) you can have for the cost of shipping.

Scott. What year is your kx100? Do you only have the pipe or do you have the carb too? Because I might be interested in the carb.

Scott. What year is your kx100? Do you only have the pipe or do you have the carb too? Because I might be interested in the carb.

Only the pipe and silencer- put a FMF setup on my wife's bike, and Sneek has requested the OEM setup.

No carb either, however, if you look on ronayers, they sell the stock KX100 carby for about $80 new. :thumbsup: