Sign in to follow this  

Will a 2001 XR250R engine fit???

Into a 1984 xr250r frame? Or what year model and up will fit this frame. I've tried to research this but I've been unable to come up with anything definitive. My old XR250R has a dual carb which I'm willing to give up on ebay and just switch over to one carb. There seems to be much more to choose from between the 1986 and now.

I'm still considering a rebuild on my old 84 head but a new 2001 02 engine would be nice.

Thanks

Karl

total bummer, I found a sweet looking 2001 xr250r buy it now for $249.99. Came with carb and everything. :thumbsup:

It looks like a sweet deal if anyone is in need of an easy fix.

Thanks for the sump stuff, which is way over my head. I've got a sump for my reef tank. LOL

It sure looks like it would bolt to the frame, and what if I had a welder modify the 1984 frame?

Does the motor run? Sounds like a smokin deal but I'm willing to bet there is something wrong with it. A dry sump system holds the oil in a resovior external from the engine. In the 96 and later XR250 case it holds it in the front frame rail. The engine sucks the oil in as is needed.

Oh, that explains it, thank you. They said in the auction it did, and their feedback was like 100% or something. Probably needs money fast or they don't know what they have.

Just checked my ebay and the engine was sold less than 3 hours posted. I should of bought it and resold it for double their asking price. :thumbsup: