Sign in to follow this  

LAb2v '06, make your plans early

Hey Tom is my Hero if you have something to say to him.

Well that's fine then tell him.

Jay's got my back, cool

I changed the link on the server because it was soooooo looong and had "%20" spaces

I just forgot to edit my message board posts

Thanks for the heads up guys

Hey Tom is my Hero if you have something to say to him.

Well that's fine then tell him.

Since Tom is your hero, If you have any problems getting your 450 dual sported send me a PM and maybe I can help you out.

Viva La T.R.

tenga LA, por favor yo he tenido bastante ;-)

Marc, Take Jay with you riding some day, He's needs a group to ride with that won't get him killed. All his buddies are tatooed 20-something MXers. They keep telling him, "no problem, this trail is easy" He's a beginer that needs to get some skills.

how hard is it to pass tech?I am wondering because I have an australian exhaust,it will pass sound but has a screen on the baffle I welded myself.Basically it has no USFS stamp.I would hate to sign up and pay to get rejected at the starting line!

Well, we recommend you be 100% legal

The way "We" conduct the spark arrestor test is by inserting a stick in the exhaust to make sure a screen is in there, it's too hard to search for stamps.

Sound testing will not be done the morning of the ride.

Basically we give a visual inspection, Lights, Plate etc. then the stick up the rear (of the exhaust). If it looks like a dual sport bike, then off you go

Keep in mind, we are not the police, it is your responsibility to have your bike in compliance with any and all CA, NV laws. If you are stopped by the Ranger, Police, Sheriff or Girl Scouts, and they say you bike isn't legal, Saying "oh it passed inspection this morning won't cut it.

We got our first two applications for the 2006 LA-B-V today. One from Saugus and one from Mission Viejo. Thanks guys!

In the coming weeks we'll have the hotels listed in Barstow and areas surrounding Chaparrall Motorsports, the ride start. Paul Flanders has been scouting the area around Chappy's and has some notes on places that.

I'll start an 06 LA-B-V thread and pin it at the top of the District 37 Dualsport forum soon. Check there for rideshare and carpool to and from Vegas, the start etc.

Check out the Dualies.com website for bike and rider outfitting, lots of good info there.

Yabba-Dabba-doooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Kieth

LA-Barstow-Vegas Dualsport ride Coordinater