Sign in to follow this  

head light for my TTR 125?

Hi I have 2004 TTR 125

Is there a 12 volt spare wire that I could use to power a head light?

how many watts (size) light?

thanks, nick

Why? We ride to my vist my Grandfather at the other side of the farm and don't leave until after dark alot, Dad rides behind me with his bike to light the trail back home.

baja desings made one i think?? if not duct tape a few flash lights on there...lol j/k

if you are at all electronically inclined you could make one probably cheaper than buying. this is just a shot in the dark here, maybe get a light assembly, wire it up to a battery, and just make a basket that hangs from your bars so you can take it off and one with ease.....i dunno just a thought? :thumbsup:

Is it a 125LE/E? You might be able to use the electric starter battery to power it, but i have no clue how you would get it to work :thumbsup:

What did on my 225 was put a wire straight to the battery, had a fuse in the middle of the wire, the to a switch then to the light. and the ground is conected to the numberplate holder screw. easy.

do you have an electric start model? if not then you will need to have your stator wound to add a lighting coil. The e-models have a lighting coil installed but not hooked up to anything. Directions for which wires to splice into on the e-models can be found on the baja designs web sitehere click on ttr125 electric start instructions and look to install step 7. Rated output is around 75watts so a single 50watt is fine. I run twin 35's in a high/low configuration for a little better coverage. I am not 100% certain on any specs on the non-electric start models so a call to someone would be a good first start. FYI- the people at Baja designs are pretty nice about answering questions as long as you are direct and dont waste too much of their time.

good luck.