Sign in to follow this  

Clutch master cylinders

I have an 04 450 and am now on the 4th clutch master cylinder!! Has anyone else had the problem? I have been told that it is the same master cylinder as the KTM and they don't seem to have a problem :thumbsup:

Any suggestions?

Got an well used 04 TE450 never had any problems with the clutch master cylinder.Very strange to go through 4 are you sure you are diagnosing the problem properly?

I think we all are perplexed. The Master is failing? What are the symptoms? More info please.

The problem is mineral oil pours out of the master cylinder and runs down the clutch lever! I have a 2 year warranty so I just take it to the dealer and they have diagnosed it the same. The other thing is that the bike has 24000km's on it (Motard which is a commuter as well)

It can leak the oil out then there is no clutch. The bore is coming out very scored. So it's not rebuildable.

Never had with are huskys, both are fine sure its not the rubber gasket on the lid thats faulty? mind i dought it could be that 4 times, good luck with it. Ricky

Nuh it's not the lid I checked that every time it starts to leak, in hope!

I have found another guy here with an SMR also who has had 2 go but he has just over 10000km's where I have 25000km's on it.

Have you tried an 05 or 06 clutch master cylinder?

Out of curiosity - anything special done to your drive train like a cush drive?

How long do Huskys last over there, seems you are getting way more Km on them than the US people do.

My clutch has now messed up it doesn't have much pressure behind the lever as i can pull it in half way and no pressure i think its just air well i hope its just air so I'm gonna bleed it and see if that helps and yes i have played with the little red nob on the lever and still no better and my biting point is when its pulled right in weird hay. Ricky

Yep my master cylinder has failed i just bleed it and its still no different and its not spring back like it should and has hardly any pressure behind the lever and it has been slipping at high rpms which it seems like the clutch isn't releasing and like i said its not springing back like it should but its only done this since it went to the dealer for a new starter motor and starter gears could the dealer of done something (by accident) to the clutch basket or friction plates when they took it off to get to the starter motor gearing any help would be great and would i get the master cylinder on warranty? Thanks Ricky

Have you tried an 05 or 06 clutch master cylinder?

Out of curiosity - anything special done to your drive train like a cush drive?

How long do Huskys last over there, seems you are getting way more Km on them than the US people do.

No cush drive, but I did have 5th gear break into 4 pieces at 17300km's and punch a hole in the case!! All warranty!! The engines fine though! I do an oil change every 1000kms and I run it on 2 stroke every week or so to help the valves and such only had one exhaust valve need an adjustment since new.

Yep my master cylinder has failed i just bleed it and its still no different and its not spring back like it should and has hardly any pressure behind the lever and it has been slipping at high rpms which it seems like the clutch isn't releasing and like i said its not springing back like it should but its only done this since it went to the dealer for a new starter motor and starter gears could the dealer of done something (by accident) to the clutch basket or friction plates when they took it off to get to the starter motor gearing any help would be great and would i get the master cylinder on warranty? Thanks Ricky

If you don't have any oil running out of the master cylinder it'll be the master otherwse it's the slave. I have had one of those go as well :thumbsup: Does your fluid level drop?

no the level don't really drop not enough to notice it has little bit of pressure but only when u pull the leaver in half way in it actually gets pressure but I'm just gonna book the bike in tomorrow and see Wat they say as i have half a years warranty left. Ricky

If there is no air then it could be mechanical.