Sign in to follow this  

Arapeen ATV trails?

I didn't collect any information on my earlier post about the Markagunt ATV trail system so I thought I would try my luck regarding the Arapeen ATV trail system.

I am looking for 3 days of riding with my 19-year old son in late August. From photos I have seen on the Internet, it looks like there are some nice trails in the Arapeen system.

Does anyone have recommendations for fun trails to ride? Or trails to avoid?

I don't want extremely technical, and I don't want boring gravel roads. Nice cruising through the meadows and trees, with scenery, stream crossings, etc. would be ideal. Which trails should be on my "must ride" list?

Thanks.

Stay away from the Rock Canyon trail leading down the Plateau. Other than that they are all ATV trails so go for it. If you search you can find some good maps online. Otherwise you should be able to pick one up in Price, Ferron, or Ephraim at the FS office M-F. Only singletrack on the Manti is in Gentry Canyon and Pole Canyon on the Huntington byway.

Family Rider, where are you starting from? I know nothing about that trail system but my wife and I are heading to a wedding in Manti this weekend and have made camping reservations at Palisades in the Arapeen campground. We are going out with another couple who don't ride so we were just going to take mountain bikes and fishing gear however, just recently I've heard alot about the ATV trails out there and am now considering taking the dirt bikes as well. I hope someone can help us both out with info. if this is indeed the same area if it's not I don't want to hijack this thread!

I didn't collect any information on my earlier post about the Markagunt ATV trail system so I thought I would try my luck regarding the Arapeen ATV trail system.

I am looking for 3 days of riding with my 19-year old son in late August. From photos I have seen on the Internet, it looks like there are some nice trails in the Arapeen system.

Does anyone have recommendations for fun trails to ride? Or trails to avoid?

I don't want extremely technical, and I don't want boring gravel roads. Nice cruising through the meadows and trees, with scenery, stream crossings, etc. would be ideal. Which trails should be on my "must ride" list?

Thanks.

I have heard that a lot of people camp at Joe's Valley Reservoir, which is on the east side. I thought about that, but it doesn't look like there are as many ride options there as on the Manti side.

We decided to stay in a motel this time. The only one I could find on the Internet was in Ephraim. I am currently thinking of doing one ride starting from Spring City - up and over the mountain, down to Joe's Valley Reservoir, and back (trail 5). I will also do one from Manti (trail 3). I haven't figured out ride 3 yet. We will add other trails each day as we have time and gas.