Sign in to follow this  

2 months and still waiting for Gas Gas parts--what the....

Anybody else had problems with getting internal parts for Gas Gas. I've heard of changes with distributing so perhaps that has something to do with it but it's on 02 for pete's sake and I keep getting told by the dealer that they can't find the parts anywhere after two months of waiting. :ride: Geeez, aren't these the bikes that are supposed to have half the parts able to interchange with each other. At this point I'm thinking of dumping this bike and going back to one of the Japanese brands for woods riding because I don't want a bike that I can't fix when it's broken. :thumbsup:

I never had to wait like that... longest was a week. Where are you getting parts from? What part are you looking for?

There are many crossover parts but it depends on which one. Common stuff like brake pads, brake pins, air filter, front and rear fender all crossover to jap brands.

??? :thumbsup: check other dealers. I agree with Matt - nothing over a week in the last 6 years.

Try SMS RACING - 940-381-0737

Hello,

I am the webmaster over on the GasGas Rider's Club website.

If I were in your shoes I would be very frustrated. And, if I were in your shoes, and a bunch of guys told me I should call here and call there, I would tell myself - "Why should I call around looking for parts? I should be able to go to the local dealer and get them."

There is a new distributorship coming on-line in the United States and this might account for the issues you are seeing. I don't want to tell you what you should do at this point - but thought I'd present a couple of options...

1. The gasgas community is a pretty tight bunch. Rather than post for help on a bulletin board and then have 100 guys calling dealers for you - feel free to contact me at webmaster@gasgasrider.org and I will contact some folks to help you out. Just send me some part numbers.

2. Brett Saunders is the director of marketing for Barrett Marketing Group (the new U.S. gasgas distributor) and his #1 goal is total customer satisfaction. You can contact him directly at brett@gasgasrider.org.

3. There are several dealers in the U.S. who have very large gasgas parts stocks and 2 distributors in canada if you want to check around on your own...

- Gofasters in Minnesota - www.gofasters.com

- Hall's Cycle in Illinois - www.halls-cycle.com

- North Tahoe Motorsports (reno, nevada) - www.gasgasonline.com

- Western Canada GasGas Distributor - www.gasgaspacific.com

- Eastern Canada GasGas Distributor - www.gasgasatlantic.com

----

Please drop me an e-mail if there is anything I can do personally to help you.

jeff

webmaster

www.gasgasrider.org

Well stated Jeff!!! Gas Gas enduro bikes are wonderful pieces of machinery - they owe a lot of that from their experience with would class trial bikes...

MSTex

I waited 8 months for a part that was on back order till I cancelled the order,

found a warehouse dealer from a magazine and had the part 3 days later.

I like to support my dealer but was told by somebody when a part is on back order there is no telling when that part is gonna come in.

If a part is on back order there has to be enough orders for that part to make it worth while to stock up on that part.

You are better off shopping around in that situation.

That's what my dealer said "They said that they didn't have it and didn't know when they would; even when pressed for some sort of time table they wouldn't give one" He ended up searching around and said that all he could find was a used one. Now, one week later, still nothing..........it sure looks great though sitting there all spick and span next to the two well used, dirty Hondas. :thumbsup:

At this point I'm thinking of dumping this bike and going back to one of the Japanese brands for woods riding because I don't want a bike that I can't fix when it's broken. :thumbsup:

Lots of riders have bikes like your Honda's for trail riding. Why not just ride one of those until your GG is fixed? Or does the GG handle the trails so good over those Honda's that you NEED it back soon...lol? Just curious, you have TWO other running bikes.

Lots of riders have bikes like your Honda's for trail riding. Why not just ride one of those until your GG is fixed? Or does the GG handle the trails so good over those Honda's that you NEED it back soon...lol? Just curious, you have TWO other running bikes.

Right now I'm using the CRF450R for trail riding but since it's primarily used in MX the suspension is not going to get revalved for the woods. I could drop $150+ into a new chain and sproket combo--believe me, I'm really close to doing that because the gearing now makes it a real turd compared to the GG. The CR250 is hot-rodded (2mm over, ported, modded carb intake, etc) so it doesn't like the woods too much either--it's more into explosive power distribution, even with the flywheel. I'm riding mostly single track so smooth and steady is the name of the game. Also, the CR is up for sale so I'd rather not smash it up at this point. Then again--maybe the GG is up for sale instead :thumbsup:

Lest you guys think me ingrateful--I must say Thank You for all the help. When I set out to research Gas Gas this place I one of the major reasons for taking a chance. You've been most helpful. I, unfortunately, am not aware of any service manuals on par with the other companies so I opted to take the motor to the dealer to look over and order parts. I don't even know what the part numbers are. I'll give it til tomorrow then call--if it's still a no go then I'll ask for the part numbers and take it from there.

Thanks again for all the links and offers of help. I'm so used to being able to log onto Planet Honda or Service Honda website, look at schematics, ordering parts and having the bike going myself within a week.

GoFasters has a buch of the parts fische on their site that you can order off of. I have an '04 and I've found that they don't have ALL the parts listed but your bike should have come with a manual that has a parts break down. You should be able to plug the partnumbers into gofasters and order them that way too.

Well, I found the parts fische--geez, the picture for the link was so small I probably wouldn't have found it if I hadn't known to look for it. If I had had that before I'd probably been back out in the woods in short order.

The dealer said today that the guy he ordered the gear from forgot to ship it----as lame as that sound I do trust this guy so maybe it will get here by next Tuesday.

GasGas riders are a close group of individuals that are always willing to help you.

I highly recommend you check out the GasGas Rider's Club:

http://www.gasgasrider.org/index.html

Great source for manuals, parts crossovers, tech articles, and forum.

All of GasGas manuals can be downloaded "free" from the corporate site:

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/web/esp/frame.htm

Click "Enduro" and scroll to the bottom of page.

All manuals (like parts & chassis) are there. Also, the 2006 workshop manual is very useful for engine disassembly.

Well, the horror has finally ended----I burned down the garage and plan on claiming it on the insurance. No, I lied. Actually the parts finally came in and I was able to go for a short ride today. After four months on the 450 it will take some time to get used to again. Honestly, my first thoughts were not nearly as favorable as I recalled so I'm not sure I'll keep the GG after this ordeal.

Nonetheless, I appreciate your help.