Sign in to follow this  

Used bike with high mileage

I found a 2006 "dialy commuter" bike that has been kept stock and has 3000+ miles (in less than 3 months since purchase). What would this do to the suggested resale value (per Kelly Blue Book)? The good thing is there are 9 months left on the warranty.

Not high mileage at all. I'm pushing 15000 on my 06 and no maintence issues to date.

1000 a month for the first three months? Sounds like someone was enjoying their new bike, not unreasonable at all and there are many more miles to be expected from that bike.

Not high mileage at all. I'm pushing 15000 on my 06 and no maintence issues to date.

15K on an 06? :thumbsup:

I've got about 7,700 miles on my DRZ with not a single mechanical problem! And I thought I had a ton of miles so quickly until I read 15,000 miles on another!!! :thumbsup::ride::cry::ride:

15K on an 06? :thumbsup:

two trips to cabo, three to washington state, three to oregon plus whatever random driving I do around here :ride: Went a few weeks with no speedo due to a broken cable and im ignoreing those miles to help the resale value, lol

I'm pushing 15000 on my 06 and no maintence issues to date.
Went a few weeks with no speedo due to a broken cable

Ummm... which is it? :thumbsup:

Broken speedo cable on an 06 indicates mechanics failure, not mechanical :thumbsup:

I found a 2006 "dialy commuter" bike that has been kept stock and has 3000+ miles (in less than 3 months since purchase). What would this do to the suggested resale value (per Kelly Blue Book)? The good thing is there are 9 months left on the warranty.

Probably could STILL go to Dealer and purchase factory extended warranty?

If not and you are worried get after market warranty.

Anything that could ever go wrong can be fixxed and there is expert advice here to make it mostly painless and cheap!

Probably could STILL go to Dealer and purchase factory extended warranty?

If not and you are worried get after market warranty.

Anything that could ever go wrong can be fixxed and there is expert advice here to make it mostly painless and cheap!

Welllllllll, not always cheap :thumbsup:

Regal the speedo cable was a me jumpie too high issue. The speedo cable was installed incorrectly by the previous owner (Suzuki) and I reinstalled it the same way. :thumbsup: