Sign in to follow this  

KoubaLink

I installed the #2 tonight and lowered the forks 1 inch. I can touch the ground now with my Bill Mayer saddle. I left the race sag loose for now as I don't ride real aggressive. Great product and quick and easy install. I would recommend it for all of us short inseam-ed riders.

Kouba links are great for riders that aren't pushing the suspension hard. They increase the leverage on the spring, so you might find your rear end has gotten a little soft. It'll be very plush on the road, which feels nice, but on trails it can be too soft. I suggest you set your race sag at 90mm, the bike steers better off road, and the slight increase in spring preload will help balance the Kouba. I know that will probibly raise your seat back up a touch, but I think you'll like the ride better. :thumbsup:

Don't be so fast on your recommendation. Do a search and you'll find that many riders have given up on it and gone back to the stock links after trying unsuccessfully to get a grip on the suspension. Especially those deciding to revalve the shock.

Most people just slide the forks up in the clamps a bit. Be forewarned that you run the risk of your front tire hitting the underside of your fender and stopping it really fast on full compression if you go too far.

Use 1" aftermarket riser spacers to raise the bars. I found the most the forks could be raised is 1 1/8" because of the fork tubes being turned down. You don't want the upper triple tree to clamp on this reduced tube diameter.

Use 1" aftermarket riser spacers to raise the bars. I found the most the forks could be raised is 1 1/8" because of the fork tubes being turned down. You don't want the upper triple tree to clamp on this reduced tube diameter.

You can only get 3/4" on a DRZ, after that it hits the bars. You can slide them up more if you use risers

What is the height of the bars in the triple clamp when the front tire makes contact with the fender/lower triple clamp? I'd make sure I figured that one out before I raised them up any more than 3/4".

Mine are where they should be since I have drz length legs :thumbsup:

I have the #2 kouba links, I didnt touch the front end, I was worried about headshake, I reset the sag to 3.5 inches and I have had NO problems, Im not easy on the thing either

To find out how far you can raise the fork tubes, block up the bike to raise the front wheel, remove the fork caps and springs, lift the front wheel till the suspension bottoms, then look at the clearance between the wheel and fender.

To find out how far you can raise the fork tubes, block up the bike to raise the front wheel, remove the fork caps and springs, lift the front wheel till the suspension bottoms, then look at the clearance between the wheel and fender.

Or just take it off a big jump til you bottom the suspension out and see what hits :thumbsup:

What is the height of the bars in the triple clamp when the front tire makes contact with the fender/lower triple clamp? I'd make sure I figured that one out before I raised them up any more than 3/4".

Mine are where they should be since I have drz length legs :thumbsup:

I have long legs and can flat foot it on both sides that's not why i want to lower the front. The reason is I feel the front end is to tall for my taste Id like it to bee an inch or two lower.

I have long legs and can flat foot it on both sides that's not why i want to lower the front. The reason is I feel the front end is to tall for my taste Id like it to bee an inch or two lower.

Without lowering the rear too? Can you say tankslapper???

An inch or two is a major change in geometry, at least in my experience.