Sign in to follow this  

Street legal 250F coming?

I love my KTM 200EXC. However, it is getting crazy around here with the DMV. My 200 is tagged but who knows for how long. If I can't renew my tag in 2007, I will immediately buy a street legal 250F. I might be lucky and get another year with it. Right now, my only real option seems to be the Husky TE250... not a bad option. Does anyone know if there will be a 250 EXC-F that is 50-state legal? I know they have this bike in their arsenal but it is not listed as EPA certified along with the 400, 450, and 525.

I think only the EXC bikes will be street legal, not the 250's. I got my 525 SX street legal fairly easy, but it all depends on where you live.

I love my KTM 200EXC. However, it is getting crazy around here with the DMV. My 200 is tagged but who knows for how long. If I can't renew my tag in 2007, I will immediately buy a street legal 250F. I might be lucky and get another year with it. Right now, my only real option seems to be the Husky TE250... not a bad option. Does anyone know if there will be a 250 EXC-F that is 50-state legal? I know they have this bike in their arsenal but it is not listed as EPA certified along with the 400, 450, and 525.

Looks like only the 450 and 525 EXCs will be street legal.

Check posts from the TE250 owners over on the Husky forum. They seem to be a very satisfied bunch. I own a EXC and a TE and like them both. Very different bikes.

Looks like only the 450 and 525 EXCs will be street legal.

Check posts from the TE250 owners over on the Husky forum. They seem to be a very satisfied bunch. I own a EXC and a TE and like them both. Very different bikes.

I know the Huskys are good bikes. I would rather have a KTM because I have a local KTM dealer... no local Husky dealer. That is not a show stopper though.

Don't know what state you're in - and please don't post it. I would play it cool and renew your tags online. Don't say nuthin.

Don't know what state you're in - and please don't post it. I would play it cool and renew your tags online. Don't say nuthin.

I'm with you. :thumbsup: This is why I don't list my state. It is a shame to have to be like that. I just want to ride and not bother anyone or anything.