Sign in to follow this  

which bike for the boy????

My boy has been riding 4 years... he is 8 years old.... he started on a xr50

moved to a 70, bored it out to 90... its Ok i guess.... he seems to be riding past the bike.... he has been in the woods and likes it ... but he really like the track.... the 70 fits perfect.... size wise... Wondering what to get him...

KTM 65

KDX 65

SX 50

shit I dont know pitstar, thumpstar, ...... I was thinking 2 smoker but again I am lost... Help guys thanks...

He has never ridden a clutch as of yet but he wants one....

i say keep moddin, that 70 could be built faster than he can probly handle. manual clutches are cheap.

stay away from knockoffs, you DONT want your kid riding those piles of shit!

dangerous bikes, all around.

It depends on his size, what about an 80 much better suspension, I think the worst thing to do is rush kids on bigger bikes, if he can try one and comes back with a big grin.......

I would say one of the 65s 2-smokers is probably a good choice. They're not much bigger than the 70 but they have a clutch, tons more power, and real suspension. It will let him go faster (what he probably really wants) and will teach him about clutch, powerband, etc. An 85 would do the same but if he is 8 that is probably going to be too big for him.

I also agree with the comment about the China bikes. They are JUNK.

Thanks guys.... I am going to hold on to the 70 .... uh.. I mean 88 cc honda...

and see if I can pick up a used KTM 65 .... point taken on the knock offs!!!!

Glad I have a honda!!!! you truely do get what you pay for!!!!

I am just figuring out where he wants to go and how to get him there...

We are not big racers (occational Hare Scrambles not with standing)...Way to much time and money...We do love to ride though...

.... Woods, Track, Trials, .....

For racing just pick up a 65, don't waiste your time on the 2 stroke 50 for racing. That is all I have been told at the races here, so mine is sticking in the 4 stroke 50 class on his CRF50 and then we will jump him to 65 next year. I would keep the 70 for trail riding if you want, but the 65 will be fine too.

Yeah. Keep the 70. It can be modded until he fits the next size Honda. Always buy Hondas. Nothing is better. About the knock offs, see my signature.