Sign in to follow this  

Best way to get more light out of head light without stator rewind?

Any Ideas, halogen bubls?etc? How much watts can the stator put out and how much of those watts are used?

Get a PIAA H6M bulb from your honda shop or check on Ebay. It makes a decently big difference and its as easy as switching out a bulb.

and it doesn't use up any more power at all? how much does it cost?

this is the PIAA H6M bulb i found on ebay for 30 bucks canadian, will this fit my X? hears the link, http://cgi.ebay.ca/PIAA-PIAA-H6M-AVT-BULB-35-35-55-55-20-0117_W0QQitemZ4623924014QQihZ002QQcategoryZ35594QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also is it possible to rig my lights up so when shifting or at low throttle my head light does not get dimmer?

Yes that is the bulb I used. You can also get it from your local dealer for around $30.00 and save the shipping. It is in the Parts Unlimited ATV Catalog. I could not find it in the Parts Unlimited Bike book. It will still be dimmer on low RPMS however I found the stock bulb was almost useless at any RPM. This is easy to do and a great improvment over the stock bulb. Just be carefull installing it as you are not supposed to get the oil from your hands on it.

ok thanks alot but does anyone know how I can make it so my lights do not get dimmer at low rpms, switching gears, any ideas?