Sign in to follow this  

Web Cam 69/68 or 58BC grind cams

I'm betting the 69/68 is bigger then most of the ones you listed.

for the biggest megacycle and web cam there are a lot of considerations

grinding the head for lobe clearance , grinding the rockers,

sinking the valves so that they dont bang into each other on the overlap,

then there is the gross lift and hoping that it doesn't kill the valve seal. \

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :thumbsup:

I'm betting the 69/68 is bigger then most of the ones you listed.

for the biggest megacycle and web cam there are a lot of considerations

grinding the head for lobe clearance , grinding the rockers,

sinking the valves so that they dont bang on the overlap,

then there is the gross lift and hoping that it doesn't kill the valve seal. \

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :thumbsup:

if you do go ahead I'd like to hear how it came out.

...........and pulling the stock valves apart.

Go for a Takegawa big port head and barrel kit if you want to go fast for the least $$$

got the Web Cam 58bc cam put in the bike today sounds like a 450 man does it sound mean did not get to ride it yet was not that big of a deal to get it to fit

just curious for my own buildup.

do you run a stock head ?

just curious for my own buildup.

do you run a stock head ?

Yes i run the stock head with R/D valve springs and Kibble White valves. I had to shorten the valve guides .060" to get the 58bc cam to clear the valve stem seals other then that very easy to make it work in the stock head

Yes i run the stock head with R/D valve springs and Kibble White valves. I had to shorten the valve guides .060" to get the 58bc cam to clear the valve stem seals other then that very easy to make it work in the stock head

very cool, thanks,

make sure and come back with a ride report,

I have had the 58bc cam in my 120 about 5 or 6 years i cant remember. to put the cam in the top rocker tower had to be clearanced and all that other clearancing pretty much just check everything. mine is a completely powroll built engine with a points style ignition. i was suprised that the bike wasnt that high of a revver. id think with less cam the bike would be pittifull but i cant say b/c i havent tested with other cams. and acs is right get the takegawa head its great i had one for a few weeks then our shop burnt to the ground and i never got to try it but with the reangled valves and bigger ports than you can even take the stock head out to its a big performance gain in my opinion but again havent tested but got close. with the engine like it is now the big is good for second overall in the 80cc at one of our local tracks that suites the bike. i've seen the bike do it. on my bike its goin to get a digital igniton, 9mm stroker, the higher compression piston powroll has now, and start thinking about a takegawa head again, oh and the dual exhaust down pipe im building. did i mention its a twin shock vintage machine.