Sign in to follow this  

Bent/Dented pipe.

Hey guys. I was riding my dads 250X the other day and fell on it trying to balnce on this elevated surface. I lost balance and the bike tipped to the right. The pipe moved up about an inch and has a small dent to it. It ran fine when I started it up and rode it, but will effects take place later down the road?

thanks

doubt it. if it bothers ya that bad get a "pops a dent" thing. or you can o the freezer trick.

every pipe will get dings, and causing any real damage isnt really somethin i see happenin. then again. what do i know...the bike might blow up in another 4 hours of seat time. either way. good luck. :thumbsup: LOL

haha come to think of it...im not too worried..this is what happened...i bent the pipe by tipping over and i told my dad..he sed kts okay and went on a trial like 50 miles long and came back with no complaints..so looks like im good

Make sure you flex your rear suspension completely and ensure that the pipe doesn't come in contact with your tire. If it does, you've got a bent subframe.

your dad beating your ass is in my forecast.

That's accurate.

And funny!

If the Pipe is 90% open, you will likely never notice a difference, squeezed more than that, time to find one on E-Bay