Sign in to follow this  

CRF450 with 488/cam Jetting Help PLEASE

aloha

I got a 03 crf450 with a hot cams cam and a 488 bore kit. It also has supposely a pro-circuit ported head. it also has a baja designs lighting kit and oil resi kit.

anyway I was wondering if anyone can offer any suggestions on jetting or help solve a hard starting issue I have. The bike is currently in the shop. And they tried going with the following settings: clip in 5th position, 48 pilot, and 175 main. Bike takes like 15 kicks to start. The valves were adjusted.shimmed. Before the bike went into the shop it would take like 15 kicks to start. And once started would take a while to warm up. While warming up it would back fire on the slightest twist of the throttle. Also when starting it cold sometimes you had to hold the hotstart.

can you suggest any baseline jetting settings? also any ideas on other hard to start causes?

thanks in advance!

the slide plate is probably in upside down.

ditto - check the carb slide, the plate in front of it can easily be put in upside down and it won't run right

thanks guys. I will try that with the carb slide. Also the bike is run at sealevel to about 400ft. And it is very humid in hawaii.