Sign in to follow this  

Hotcam MFR Part #: 20031E

Hi guys. I know this has probably been flogged to death but after reading everything Hotcams in the DRZ forum I can't seem to find what this part number denotes as far as stage 1 or 2 exhaust cam. (MFR Part #: 20031E)

Any help is much appreciated. :thumbsup::ride:

Eddie

Have you dynoed a stage 2 intake with stock E/K ex over the a stage 1 ex?

wondering if the new stage one ex is worth it?

with my 400S 3x3 FCR Full Muzzy i can now feal the S cams.

Thinking stage 2 intake with e ex over stage 1 ex.

What do you think??

I sm my 400s now.

ACTUALLY-----Hot Cams informed me the 2003-1E USED to be a stage 1 exh, and is no longer available (discontinued)

the 2003-1In WAS a stage one int, but was bumped to a stage 2 (top end ) and the 2047-1in became the stage one DRZ/LTZ int cam

a 2048-1e ( auto decomp ) replaces the 2003-1e for stage 2 and stage one applications

I was also informed the 2003-1in is only available directly from H/C

the new ex cam is in between the old stage 1 and 2. It is more aggressive than the e cam but only a bit (havent compared them, just going by numbers from memory). I have the new ex cam and it is a noticable improvement over the stock s cam. bike has more midrange revviness and seems to want to pull further into the upper revs. Still no fire-breather though.

the new ex cam is in between the old stage 1 and 2. It is more aggressive than the e cam but only a bit (havent compared them, just going by numbers from memory). I have the new ex cam and it is a noticable improvement over the stock s cam. bike has more midrange revviness and seems to want to pull further into the upper revs. Still no fire-breather though.

So now they've changed the auto decomp equiped exhaust cam?

Before there was one exhaust cam that was replaced by one that had an auto decomp and milder numbers.

Almost anything is an improvement over the stock S cam.

So now they've changed the auto decomp equiped exhaust cam?

Before there was one exhaust cam that was replaced by one that had an auto decomp and milder numbers.

no, that is the one I'm talking about.

Almost anything is an improvement over the stock S cam.

:thumbsup:

The original poster seemed to me to be asking about the old stage 1 (milder than or same as e) and I wanted to be sure no one got confused. It is still sort of transitional time and it is possible some people are refering to the old stage 1 and 2.

the stock ex cam is a very tame/lame profile. The new one is not a lot longer duration but is much higher lift and holds its lift longer, it is wearing almost as if it were hollow-ground on the back slope. It seems to add mostly to the midrange whereas the old stage 2 was reputed to add more to top end.

Yeah i was a little confused with the stage 2 inlet being part# 2003-1in, and the exhaust i had seen for sale being the 2003-1e. I thought maybe it was a left over stage 2 exhaust. (which i would love to get my hands on.) Anyway. I have just today installed the stage 2 inlet (2003-1in purchased from TTstore) and am yet to ride it. Im thinking on ordering another stage 2 inlet but am a little worried as to finding someone over here who can degree it for me. (for the exhaust) :thumbsup: