Sign in to follow this  

Husky 570 TE More Power!!!!

G'day, from Australia, I've just joined up on this site and have a few questions I hope the experts out there can answer.

I've just bought a really clean used 2002 Husky 570 TE, Now, I'm looking at Motard'n it along with using it as a regular dirt bike, and I'm looking for more power, so my questions are......

1- Who does a big bore kit? Size of piston? 100mm/101mm/102mm????

2- in the 630 stroker kit does this also have a big bore piston as well?

3- who's had any mods done and can give me any ideas of rear wheel H.P.?

4- what type of exhaust system works better than stock with a recored stock muffler?

5- I have a FCR flatslide ready to bolt on, any ball park jetting specs. (I'm at sea level).

6- for road racing any final drive gearing tips?

7- I have a full workshop mill, lathe, etc.... so big mods are no real worries, anyone ever stroked the Husky cranks themselves?? (I think that came out wrong!!!!), but I think you guys know what I mean?

Many more questions but these will do for know.

Cheers.

corsa.

:thumbsup:

Quick, easy and cheap mod is to put in a cam out of a TC570.

Hi, yes, that's one of the mods that's on the list, I'm hoping some more guy's have got some info for me, I'm sure someone out there has pushed these motors a bit further than stock?

The basic design looks pretty sound, and having raced a Yamaha Supermono road race bike over here that I managed to get just on 70 rwhp I'm hoping to get a fair bit more outa a Husky motor.

Anyone used a good piston? Maybe machined up a blank? JE/Wiseco etc....?

Has anyone delt with Zupin?

Like I said I have a ton of technical questions, would love to see if I can get over 70rwhp from a big bore/stroked motor, I'm sure someone must have done it?

Thanks in advance.

Corsa.

:thumbsup:

Give Mick a call at GP Tech suspension on 07 5596 0999.

He races one in a supermoto series here in Queensland and I believe he used to work for the factory race team in Europe a few years ago.

sweet!!!!!!

Will do.

I'll keep everyone posted on my pet project.

Cheers.

Corsa :thumbsup:

Put in a High compression 100mm Wossner piston, NOX Coil CDI, Zupin camshaft, you can get up to 75Hp at the rear wheel from 601cc. You will also need to uprate the clutch either with a HMRACING Billet pressure plate or 8 plate basket from Motosupplies.

Going to a 630 crank is a lot of money & not as smooth as the 570 crank.

I would recommend you putting in a new rod when stripping motor down as this is the week point.Big end bearing is too small for this size of motor & needs changing regularly.

G'day, thanks for that.

I haven't pulled the motor apart yet, so I haven't weighed the stock rod, in my other single race bikes I've used Carrillo rods with good success, although I've had to modify the small end material for a number of reasons.

I'll keep everone up to date with what happens, I'm off to get the bike dyno'd in the next couple of weeks to get some base numbers.

This should be fun.

Cheers.

Corsa :thumbsup:

G'day, I'm in Victoria, I'm looking at using the bike in the Hartwell Club champs, maybe the Vic titles, that sort of thing, all just for fun.

Been racing a Superbike and just want a change.

Where are you?

Hey corsa, if you've got a spare minute you can drop in and say hello at www.vsmr.net - there's a couple of guys up in NSW doing a bit of club racing, one of which runs in the bears events...

G'day, guys.

Sorry for the late reply, work has been very busy so I've not had time to scratch myself!!!!

O.K. some news.....

Bike has Motard wheels fitted and the big Four piston Brembo caliper in place, I put a set of Bridgestone slicks on it and took it to the Hartwell Club Champs this weekend, I had a ball!!!!! Just need more power I'm getting smoked by the Jap 450's. I'm off to the Dyno this week, for a base run then I'll start on getting some more go!!!

Stay tuned.....:mad:

I installed a TC cam, uptite pipe, and had Jerry branch port the head on my 610 motard. Was crazy fast.

dan

Hey Corsa,I`m tuned in,across the tasman here!NZ.Just ,got a SM570R,seized and ,Wrong Carb,how did you go, with the FCR(JETS).About to open it up,Thinking 100mm Piston.Tc cam better than SM?

Ps..Anyone have a TMR41mm .

Put in a High compression 100mm Wossner piston, NOX Coil CDI, Zupin camshaft, you can get up to 75Hp at the rear wheel from 601cc. You will also need to uprate the clutch either with a HMRACING Billet pressure plate or 8 plate basket from Motosupplies.

Going to a 630 crank is a lot of money & not as smooth as the 570 crank.

I would recommend you putting in a new rod when stripping motor down as this is the week point.Big end bearing is too small for this size of motor & needs changing regularly.

Yep, that is the ticket and the clutch does needs to be upgraded or you'll find it slipping rather soon, but I'd recommend a slipper (STM, Surflex, Suter...) at that point. I've got the Zupin cam, Hi-comp piston, Zupin CDI, headwork, Keihin FCR, and some other goodies like new crankcases, etc. When the bike gets back together (stripped to bare frame for steering damper post welding and powdercoating/swingarm anodized, etc) and run-in performed I will dyno-tune it with VP MR9 fuel.

Here's a pic of my SM570ZR before complete disassembly, I've got some special things planned for bodywork/graphics too!

HusqSM570ZRleftsideSmall.jpg

This is my Husqvarna now!

SM570ZRPartsBench.jpg

SM570ZRFrame.jpg

SM570ZROhlinsBench1.jpg

SM570ZREngine1.jpg

Oh, I forgot... when I get to the carb again I'll let you know what I'm running and what changes I make.

G'day, yes, sweet bike (I really like the Ohlins forks and Billet triple clamps)!!!

Well, my bike is in pieces as we speak!!! Oh dear!!!! But, my 100mm Wossner piston has arrived and the cyl is off tomorrow to get bored and replated.

These are the specs I'm going with so far.

100mm Wossner piston.

TC Cam

41mm Keihin Flatslide

Airbox mod

mild port cleaning.

larger core muffler.

the rest is just main't new bearings etc...

Just one question? while the motor is apart, anything else worth doing? I'll have to wait until next month to get a slipper clutch fitted, ( no time before my next race) But I'll try and get some dyno readouts for everyone soon.

Stay rubber side up:thumbsup:

GP Motorcycles in San Diego, California helped me out a bunch when I rebuilt my '00 610 SMR. I did the Wossner piston also- great piece of work. One thing GP did was change the inner valve springs to something stiffer. The valves will float before the power curve is done if the springs are not changed. Although with the Wossner slug and other work done I find that I rev it less and use the stunning torque more. I still have the TE cam (TE cam came stock in the SM-R version) so goint to a TC cam may require more revs to make big power. I like mine the way it is, and I ride it mostly on the street anyway. Just for reference it made 59.6 rear wheel horsepower at 8400 revs and 41 lb/feet torque (don't remember rpm for tq) before the Wossner piston and head work. Only mods at the time were opened airbox, FCR carb and Pro circuit exhaust. Even though it makes good power, I don't recommend the piece of crap Pro Circuit system. Poor build quality. Good luck on your project. Going north of 70 horsepower is certainly obtainable with these engines. Just don't expect it to last long up there!

Stay rubber side up:thumbsup:

Boy, you are competitive wanting your competitors to crash out. :censored:

I installed a TC cam, uptite pipe, and had Jerry branch port the head on my 610 motard. Was crazy fast.

dan

:censored:

Corsa: what year of engine are you workin' with? It's the unicam, right?

Do you know what the max revs are on the stock engine?

I can't wait to see the info on your upgraded racing machine, once you get it dyno'd!

Good luck with it!

Thanks guys, I'll keep ya all informed of the rebuild.

A stock motor wouldn't get much past 8000rpm, when you get a large piston and you look at the piston speed, 8K is pretty darn quick!!

Plus when you through in the amount of air your motor is sucking things like port size and valves restict things. From my experience racing a Yamaha Supermono 8K is a good safe limit.

Yes, Rubber side up, (I'm in Australia), Ha,ha,ha,ha.... :censored: