Sign in to follow this  

Recommend 41T for everydayers

I installed my 41t rear on my 04 s and WOW what a difference it make when cruising at 70 to 75, the RPM's have gone down a lot, it the bike sounds like it running at 65 w/stock gearing when your really doing 70 to 75. Only problem was I had to shorten the chain and install a master link, oh well worth the trade! Hopfully the MPG goes up a little get me to that 60 mark! :thumbsup:

I'm with ya m'man. I put a 41 on for my winter commute and haven't taken it off yet. Just spent 2 glorious weeks riding up on the north coast doing Hwy 1, back roads, fire roads and any goat path I could find without a gate or No Tresspassing sign.....it worked well everywhere.

I admit I had to fan the clutch two or three times on some rather steep fireroad washout type climbs but for everything else it was sweet.

On Hwy 1 riding the supertwisties 4th is good to around 60 and that's all you need to make the sportbike and big BMW riders go "whathehellwuzthat"...great fun

Ray Stedronsky

Davis, CA

I've had mine on for about 6 months - I also agree that its the BEST for the trailwings..

I hit 113 MPH on a downhill freeway, and can pull some awesome 2nd gear wheelies!!

I really like the 15/41 - cruising at 85 and the RPM's are still pretty low.

Not to mention the harley guys jaws drop when I pass them in the twisties, highway - pretty much everywhere..

I haven't tried to top mine out yet with the 41T but I did hit 85 no prob with plenty to go! Suprisingly the bike still has plenty of pulling power thanks to the 3x3 and exhaust. Also think i'm going to buy a 14/47 set up for the trails and desert.

Funny you should mention it. Just last Sunday i swapped out my 14/44(which i have been running for about a year) for a 15 / 41 set-up. I bumped up my non-dot knobbies to 30 psi,and Monday AM i took a 75 mile snip on back canyon roads to Palmdale and back. WOW, what a difference. Way more comfy at high speed on the street. I did run it up to 85 mph(indicated) and it still had plenty left. And it still pulls pretty hard. More than i expected. :thumbsup:

I have been running 15/42 ( I don't think it's 41) with deathwings for a while now. Very nice. I changed to a 15/38 with my SM wheels. The smaller wheels offset the gearing change a little bit. It is about the same as stock wheels (deathwings) with a 15/40.

I have a gearing calculator and this puts me at 6000 rpm at 75 mph. Not alot of oomph at that point, enough, not alot, but it cruises beautiful. Between the wheels and the gearing I have a true street bike.