Sign in to follow this  

05 sticks to the right

I just bought my 05 rmz250 used its in good conditon thow and everthing is good but when i turn the bars to the right my front end sticks i have to push a littile harder to get it un stuck when i turn to left there fine whats my problem is it a big deal that it does this. I sprayed wd40 but on the seals nothing happned

Your steering stem bearings and races are probably shot. Go to http://www.pivotworks.com/ and order the set for your bike. You will have to pull the clamps and forks from your bike and replace the races in the frame and put the new bearings in to fix it. The biggest bear is getting the races in the frame out and then back in. After you get them replaced grease them up every 6 months to avoid it happening again. The Pivot Works replacement includes the new frame races along with the bearings. Be careful when you replace them because they are specific to the top and bottom. Match them up when you pull the old ones. Remember the freezer is your friend when putting the new ones in, make sure they are really cold. You can also buy a Park Race puller that makes it a little easier. Search for Part #151250 at http://www.rockymountainatv.com/ They also sell the Pivot Works Bearings.

Call them and ask. I have never had the shop do it but I imagine they will probably charge a couple of hours of labor. The bearings and races are about $50 plus maybe 2? hours of labor=$175-200? That's just a WAG depending on their hourly labor rate ($75).

My CRF did that until I found that the right radiator was bent just enough to make the roght fork hang up on the radiator cap. I straightened the radiator and all is well.

dude dont listen to these goons they dont know what there talkin about...

my 06 rmz 250 does this and its doen it for a looonng time and i resently took it all apart and its fine ..

i was checkin out the steering stopper thing thats welded on to the front of the frame and on the left side it kinda has a notch in it and it just gets stuck in there... :thumbsup:

that is what i think...

Those bearings rearely go... a hour to take the forks completey off and on again with greasing them.