Sign in to follow this  

Directions to Pinnacles SBNF

I am trying to get to the Pinnacles staging area in the San Bernardino Nat. Forest. I have only been there on my bike staging from Miller Canyon. Can anyone give me directions from the 15? Looks like the 138 to the 173, but I don't know from there. Thanks!

I am trying to get to the Pinnacles staging area in the San Bernardino Nat. Forest. I have only been there on my bike staging from Miller Canyon. Can anyone give me directions from the 15? Looks like the 138 to the 173, but I don't know from there. Thanks!

Me too, this map doesnt help:

http://www.quietbike.org/pinnacles.html

Me too, this map doesnt help:

http://www.quietbike.org/pinnacles.html

Got some from KTMtalk.com

When you get to 173 go north and go past the fire station probably 2 more miles you will see the sign ,there is a dirt road on you right take it past the shooting range until you see another dirt road on the right that is pinnacles.

The 173 is closed due to rain two years ago. Have to go in the back way on grass valley road via Blue Jay/ twin peaks. I know the area well, just not the street names. A group of us are meeting sat. morning in running springs and you can meet us there, then, I could show the way. Let me know, or pm with your number and I can give better directions on the phone.

The 173 is closed due to rain two years ago. Have to go in the back way on grass valley road via Blue Jay/ twin peaks. I know the area well, just not the street names. A group of us are meeting sat. morning in running springs and you can meet us there, then, I could show the way. Let me know, or pm with your number and I can give better directions on the phone.

coupe, you're right. I just talked to the ranger. She gave me directions from the 18, so I am good. Thanks for the heads up and the offer. If i weren't riding with the woman, I'd try and tag along with you guys. :thumbsup:

How to get to Pinnacles staging area from the 30 330 Interchange Near Highlands Bypassing the bad section of the 173

0.0 North onto SR-330 [City Creek Rd] 14.1 mi

12.2 Turn LEFT (North) onto Live Oak Dr 1.6 mi

13.9 Turn LEFT (West) onto SR-18 [Rim of the World Hwy] 6.6 mi

20.5 Turn RIGHT (North) onto Daley Canyon Rd [Daley Canyon Access Rd] 43 yds

21.0 Turn LEFT (South-West) onto SR-189 0.3 mi

21.3 Turn RIGHT (East) onto Old Toll Rd, then immediately turn LEFT (North) onto Grass Valley Rd 0.8 mi

22.1 At near Blue Jay, stay on Grass Valley Rd (North) 1.1 mi

23.2 Turn LEFT to stay on Grass Valley Rd 2.5 mi

25.7 Turn LEFT (West) onto SR-173 1.4 mi

27.1 Turn RIGHT (East) onto Willow Creek Jeep Trail (dirt road) 0.1 mi

27.2 Arrive Pinnacles staging area

SUMMARY

Driving distance: 27.2 miles from the 30 and about 45 minutes driving time

I rode up the dirt side of 173 from Hesperia, and it wasn't too bad. Although I must admit it was more narrow than I expected. I saw 5 other cars/suv's using it too.