Sign in to follow this  

Anyone have an 07 yet?

Just wondering if anyone has picked up an 07 450 yet? Wondering how they compare to the 05's and 06's. Post any pics too if you have them! thanks.

I haven't taken any pictures of it but it looks identical to this one...

CRF450R.jpg

As for how the bike rides, I traded my 05 RMZ450 for the CRF so I don't know how it compares to say an 06 CRF. My RMZ turned better until I started riding a little harder, then the CRF turned just as good. I noticed too that at idle if you twisted the throttle wide open quick there was absolutely no bog, even my RMZ with that boysen power shot thing bogged a little bit. My RMZ front brake was one finger strong and didn't feel the need to put on an oversized rotor kit like I had on my 03 CRF450 but this 07 front brake is amazing.

I haven't taken any pictures of it but it looks identical to this one...

CRF450R.jpg

As for how the bike rides, I traded my 05 RMZ450 for the CRF so I don't know how it compares to say an 06 CRF. My RMZ turned better until I started riding a little harder, then the CRF turned just as good. I noticed too that at idle if you twisted the throttle wide open quick there was absolutely no bog, even my RMZ with that boysen power shot thing bogged a little bit. My RMZ front brake was one finger strong and didn't feel the need to put on an oversized rotor kit like I had on my 03 CRF450 but this 07 front brake is amazing.

+1, but im stepping up from a crf250.

The dealers already have the 07s on the floor? Do any dealers in Florida have as yet?

How about a ride report? Curious if the front still pushes or not?

still push, lean it over sit on the tank and give it gas, i have never noticed an push on my 06. i have heard this from many people, just lean it over a little farther sit higher up and pin it

how can you buy a brand new bike like that and not take pictures of it. everyone takes pictures of their new bikes before they ride it.

I picked up my 07 Thursday and took it out today (Fri). The thing I noticed most was the front brake, it allowed me to drive much deeper into corners before even thinking about grabbing a handful of brake. Someone mentioned push, I think it turns pretty good, better than an 06 YZF450 for sure, and that is a bike I proclaimed the best ever (but you guys see when push comes to shove it is Honda all the way). On my 03 CRF450 I had an over-sized rotor and it wasn't this good. As for the motor it is a little stronger off the bottom than an 06 but not enough to really matter. It didn't change what I do now as far as hitting jumps from the inside line it just took a little less effort. As for mid and up it has the same hyper drive as the 06, well, that is how I explain it. The suspension is basically what Honda has had for the last several years. At my weight and speed (240lbs and +30B) the suspension hammers me at race speed, cruising with my buddies and having fun it exhibits no ill effects. All I need is stiffer springs and I'm good to go. So to sum it up, better front brakes, motor has a tad more bottom and the suspension is the same as previous years. Almost forgot to mention I also crashed over an 80 footer and wasted the Renthals so off to the shop to pick up some over-sized bars.

I picked up my 07 Thursday and took it out today (Fri). Almost forgot to mention I also crashed over an 80 footer and wasted the Renthals so off to the shop to pick up some over-sized bars.

Glad you lived to tell us about it brother. Godspeed. :thumbsup:

Someone mentioned push, I think it turns pretty good, better than an 06 YZF450 for sure, and that is a bike I proclaimed the best ever (but you guys see when push comes to shove it is Honda all the way).

Thanks for the review Bill. Just wanted to put this sentence up in quotes for redbeard... :thumbsup:

people really underestimate the value of good brakes!.....that alone would shave more seconds off your lap times than any motor mods...think if you could shave 1/2 second per corner coming in hotter and theres like 10 -15 or more corners on the track..adds up quick......