Sign in to follow this  

Jetting ?s in Missouri

I know there are tons of jetting threads but I couldn't quite find 1 that fit my needs. Here we go. Ok, I put on a baja designs insert and baffle, took off the snorkel and re-jetted to 60/160. I have noticed there is a hesitation off of idle and if I hit the throttle quick enough it will kill the bike. I had a friend with far more experience than myself ride it and he agreed that even when you are riding there is some hesitation, more than his anyway. We played with the fuel screw and made it better but it still isn't right and I can still kill it off of idle. He suggested trying a 62/160 combination and we are planning on trying that soon, if you guys have any ideas or if you know what the problem is please let me know.

All info and advice is greatly appreciated

If you get the bike warmed up and at a good idle (not too fast) and screw the fuel screw out until it starts to sputter, then go in 1/4 to 1/2 turn, that's about as good as you're going to get with that size jet. Make sure there is a little on the idle adjustment. Once it's good and warm (go for a ride and then do this) turn the idle screw out all the way so there's nothing there, then turn it in until slowly until it just starts to climb. Back off just a hair, 1/16th turn. Leave the screw there and try it. If it still bogs, with the above adjustment to the fuel screw, then go one more size up.

Actually after thinking about it I run a 62/165 here in Michigan at 600' ASL. Maybe try going up on the main. The bog can be caused by too quick a twist at less than idle speed. This causes a rapid decrease in in velocity through the venturi. If you keep the idle up and up the main a tad this will be a better source for the fuel to come from.

It's alway better to run a little rich than a little lean. The larger main will help you run cooler when doing long top out's on the fire roads and on the road. It's much easier to change a plug and clean the screen in your tail pipe than to re-do a top end.

Thanks for the info I will try the things you suggested and let you know, sounds like I have to start tinkering with things that I know nothing about.

I guess thats how we learn huh.