Sign in to follow this  

TTR-225's the bastard child?

I see hardly any threads on here for the 225,are these just unpopular or what?I was looking through the sticky threads and was going to order the jet kit,exhaust billet tip for the exhaust mod and K&N filter but none of the part numbers are good anymore.Can anyone get me the good part numbers so I can order this stuf off line...I cant find them...thanks in advance

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/

Sorry its not a direct link to the parts but thats a link to the TT store...

The reason there arent that many thread is becuase its the best bike ever! (sarcasm) but its a reliable bike and there arent really an issues about it.

you dont see threads on here about them cause they are good bikes

I see hardly any threads on here for the 225,are these just unpopular or what?I was looking through the sticky threads and was going to order the jet kit,exhaust billet tip for the exhaust mod and K&N filter but none of the part numbers are good anymore.Can anyone get me the good part numbers so I can order this stuf off line...I cant find them...thanks in advance

Great trail bike, decent power meant for the casual or intermediate rider not looking to jump or just rip it up. I don't have the time to track down the changes in parts catalogues but the links with the names and old part numbers should be enough to contact any of the companys i listed for mods and ask them for the new part numbers. Take a little bit of time and look you'll find some stuff for the bike, It took me a loooong time and a lot of effort to find what little I did.

Also the 225 is basicly iron clad, if you take proper maintenance steps it should always run like a champ.

you dont see threads on here about them cause they are good bikes

Dude, make a post someone can comprehend. :thumbsup:

Did you move? You used to be in Indiana.

They're reliable. not real popular & have very few aftermarket parts & upgrades for them

They're reliable. not real popular & have very few aftermarket parts & upgrades for them

There are plenty of parts if you know where to look. Right now all I have on my TTR230 (close enough) is Cannon Racecraft fork springs, and a Big Gun exhaust system on order, but next paycheck I'm buying a Works Suspension Gasser rear shock, all new controls, and Pro Taper handlebars. After that I'm buying Race Tech race tanks for the forks, and possibly a fork re-build kit. I'm even thinking about an Engines Only 250cc bore kit, carb, and cam. If you have enough money, you can mod anything, and I'm sure in a few years there will be more aftermaket support for the 225 and 230.