Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a trailer

Might check out your local Lowe's. They have small open trailers for very reasonable, although not motorcycle specific. I think they have a 5 x 8? with a drop tail/ramp for around $699.00. Appears light and useful for bike hauling as well as light yard type duty.

I found the next size smaller one, but they basically look the same

click the link HERE

Found a couple options in the meantime....

Regardless of what I use, obviously I need a hitch...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTORCYCLE-UTILITY-ATV-CARGO-FLATBED-TRAILER-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34284QQihZ018QQitemZ280010403383QQrdZ1

So with a hitch I could even do something as simple as this... Which would probably be best for tranny longevity:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTORCYCLE-CARRIER-TRAILER-Harley-or-Sport-Bike_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34284QQihZ008QQitemZ180011475124QQrdZ1

Eh, that is a point to consider...

But bike pieces are much easier and cheap to replace than that of a car. :thumbsup:

I'm more or less just looking for a simple solution to transporting my bike. I bought a Chevy Luv for $400 and it's giving me issues (who'da thought a 400 vehicle wasn’t reliable, huh!? haha). It just kinda sucks not being able to move my bike with out the help of someone.

It is possible that you might want to transport a larger bike based on what is posted. My experience regarding a Harbor Freight 4 x 8' flat trailer - I am a pretty careful person and like things stable. By the time I added strong chocks (cheap ones folded / buckled) and added enough tie points to make things stable (3 bikes) the $200 trailer was about $600.

The bike that caused the problem was a 300 lb dual sport with very soft suspension.

good luck.

All I will be transporting is my 230. I won't be towing any other bike or extra ones.

I might have something built, we'll see. Just gotta motivate my dad to do it for me. heh

Sell all 3 of your cars and get a nice truck!

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!

Hahaha... I want to sell the Luv and RX-7 to put into a pickup. That'd net me around 3k

I'm not ready to give up a fast daily street car though. I've thought and thought, wanted an Explorer Sporttrac, but i just can't do it yet. :thumbsup:

I should just dump a V8 in my Luv. There'd be some BRAAAAAAAAAP!

I built a harbor freight trailer that weighs 200lbs for around $300 and pull it everywhere with my car. It hauls 1 or 2 bikes and some gear (in milk crates) with no problems and I can lean it up against the wall when not in use. I would replace the bearings on a harbor freight trailer though,they were pretty cheezy.

Pics in my garage

Awesome... thanks for hte help.

This is gonna look funny w/ my rice rocket pulling a dirtbike around. heh

Here's one on CL that posted today. $250 might just be the ticket for you

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/tls/186814027.html

Something is very strange about this. The spacing does not look right on the rails - if you are going to follow up on this compare it to other MC trailers first.

Oregon Dirt girls link is good. There is also a "trailer in a bag" which may be what your first post was in this thread.

If you go the utility trailer route consider cutting a rectangle hole for the front wheel to fall into instead of a wheel chock - cheaper and more stable or at least that is what it seems. If you go with any kind of rail trailer be sure to lock / strap the rear wheel somehow so when (not if) the trailer bounces the rear tire does not pop out of the rail. Consider soft ties with a carabeaner (sp) or bungees between the hooks so the straps do not unhook during the bumps. The bigger the tires the better. Uhaul can put a hitch on almost anything including wiring for lights, or you might want to look in the yellow pages.

DO NOT worry what you look like. Especially during fill ups at the gas station. I used to use a small 2 seater the size of a miata to haul race boats around. That was a long time ago and much younger - ladies like it a lot.