Sign in to follow this  

Who rides with no insurance?

Just wondering, seems like more and more people do it. I personally think it is insane to partake in any dangerous sport without insurance because the doctor bills from an injury can get out of control.

You mean health or bike? I have both just to be safe!!!! Oh and I also have a life flight membership, 25$/yr for the family is cheap considering what it costs if you need a ride and are not a member...

Only a complete moran would ride a dirtbike without medical insurance.

You mean health or bike? I have both just to be safe!!!!

Who does your bike insurance, Progressive?

I have health insurance to include short term and long term disability.

Can't imagine not having health insurance with kids. Anyone who owns a home should have it. Could end up loosing everything with one accident.

Some people don't care, just go through happy go lucky. If they need to go to the hospital, they pay as they go. Some just let it build up until they can file for bankruptcy (again). Yes, I know stupid people who live their life like that rather than get insurance. But those are the ones that never get anywhere in life either.

More and more health insurance is being priced out of the reach of workers. Companies don't want to pay for it anymore because of the cost either. When it comes down to putting food on the table or having health insurance, which would you choose?

I have medical insurance and the supplementals incase I'm injured outside of work. I had a street bike accident without insurance and $850 later I told myself never again. I waded last summer at the track and only had to pay for the co-pay. If I ride on the street then I will be insured but riding on the tracks and trails what good will insurance do other than current medical insurance? My homeowners insurance will cover my bike if it's stolen out of my garage.

Back in the day I had major medical insurance that cost me 70 bucks a month but I had to meet a 5k dollar limit before insurance would kick in. I then got AFLAC that costed me 14 bucks a month that would cover most if not all of that 5k should something major happen to me.

For 85 bucks a month I was totaly covered and rode with a clean consience.

My homeowners insurance will cover my bike if it's stolen out of my garage.

No it won't, you need a motorcycle policy.

A buddy of mine went riding with me about a month or so ago. Crashed on a small triple and goofed up his knee and ribs. Had to live like that until last week when his insurance kicked in. Dope. Thank god I have insurance and my company pays for it. Would never wanna try riding without it.

If you ride without insurance you're stupid, plain and simple. Oh and TOTP.

If you are racing, you need special racing insurance. Normal health insurance will not cover you when racing. Look at your contract, it will have a exclusion clause for it. I think there is some kind of AMA insurance, but it is only valid for AMA sactioned events. If I remember correctly, it is rather inexpensive.

I crashed once without insurance. I didn't let go of the bars soon enough, and my left ring finger got between the bars and the desert rocks. Really crunched the end of it. That day of riding ran about $5k. That convinced me that I had to get insurance. I've not been a day without it since.

My homeowners insurance will cover my bike if it's stolen out of my garage.

I thought the same thing. They wont cover it. I asked my insurance about it they wont even cover the bike if the house burns down on top of it. I also thought my bikes where covered under my car insurance while I had them in the back of my truck. Not even with full coverage are they covered. Better go ask your ins company about it. If you want insurance on bikes it's separate.

Anything with an engine is not covered on homeowners. My insurance covers me medically for anything.

My bike insurance is for theft, fire, and flood damage only. I think I pay about 150 a year through progressive and it is an agreed value policy with a 500 dollar deductible.

Only a complete moran would ride a dirtbike without medical insurance.

some people sure like to call others complete morons. i rode for 2-3 years with no insurance. moved up from C to A in enduro during that time.

imho, only a complete poossy-girly-fraidy cat would stop riding just because he didn't have insurance.

in my experience, cooking, walking down stairs and volleyball have been much more dangerous than riding. never been hurt in 20+k dirt miles and close to 100k street miles.

maybe you guys should stop falling off your bikes so much?

some people sure like to call others complete morons. i rode for 2-3 years with no insurance. moved up from C to A in enduro during that time.

imho, only a complete poossy-girly-fraidy cat would stop riding just because he didn't have insurance.

in my experience, cooking, walking down stairs and volleyball have been much more dangerous than riding. never been hurt in 20+k dirt miles and close to 100k street miles.

maybe you guys should stop falling off your bikes so much?

You are lucky to have not gotten hurt. In MX, everyone I know has had to visit the hospital at least once.

We get everything free in the UK healthcare wise on the NHS. The only kinda of insurance we can take out is insurance that pays our employer if were off with an injuiry.

You are lucky to have not gotten hurt. In MX, everyone I know has had to visit the hospital at least once.

mx is probably different. i ride tracks occasionally, but not too interested in racing mx. dezert and enduro races give me a little more control over the risks i take.