Sign in to follow this  

Questions about Offroad racing in Washington

How are the NMA harescrambles in Washington?

Are they actual off road races or do they feel like glorified MX races (like the Big 6 Gran Prixs in California or any WORCS race...)?

Also, what's the deal with the enduros up there? Why is it whenever I check the enduro schedule on that NMA site it seems like what few enduros you guys have get canceled...

Also, why is there only one "desert" type even out in Central Washington a year? Are the Stump Jumpers MC the only club interested in holding these types of events?

Are there BLM open competition areas in Central Washington and Eastern Washington that clubs could use if they desired to?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Hey TC- Long time no see....

I don't know much about the racing scene in the Northwest yet, but hopefully will soon. I am moving to Vancouver, Washington in about two weeks, have a few projects to finish first.

Are you still thinking about heading back to the NW? How is your desert racing program going? Still on the 650, or make the move to the 450?

Clayman

Hey Clayman,

Yeah I'm moving to Summer/Puyallup in the next year.

Racing is good. I ditched the 450X. It didn't suit me. I have two 650Rs and when I move I'm going to buy a 250X, put a 300 kit in it, and race it in the enduros up north.

I'll dual sport one 650 and keep the other one to race in that Mattawa race they have up there and in the national H&Hs.

I'll look you up for sure when i move up and we can go riding.

The race scene here is alright but the people that race and support the races are the best. Most harescrambles are way better than worcs races. By better I mean tighter and tougher. We do only have one desert race. The enduros are kind of struggling right now, we only have a 5 race series. Hopefully some land will open back up north and we can get a few more good harescrambles next year. The real racing is up in Canada. They put on some epic races that are definetely worth the drive. Whenever you do make it up here get a hold of me, I live in Puyallup and ride and race all the time.

Paul

PNEFF - thanks for the reply. i took it offline with you to talk about Sumner/Puy.

Red Barney - yeah i've wanted to do the funkey chicken for a long time. i know there will be a lot of great "here and there races" like the funky chicken, the desert race out in central washington, the isde qualifer in idaho, etc... but i was wondering about the week in week out "club" type racing. in D37 we get spoiled because we race 30+ weekends a year, plus we have the national H&H series on top of that.

mcdrz - that makes sense to me although i'm sure there's the obvious politics.

One question i had hasn't really been answered yet... in california we have BLM Open Competiton Areas that are within many of the Open OHV areas.

There is a lot of BLM land in Central and Eastern Washington.

1. Are there OHV areas on BLM land in Central and Eastern Washington?

2. Has the OHV communitiy ever tried to get some of those areas deemed as "Open Competition Areas" like what we have in California

actually, there are only a little over 450,000 acres of BLM land in Washington state, and a lot of that is VERY scattered. BLM does have an ORV area, but it is'nt really all that big. It's located in the saddle mountains near mattawa. Some people on here ride it quite often in the winter because most other places are inaccessible. It's mostly single track sand mixed into grass and sage, but portions of it are "open use" meaning you can venture off the trails. Just be sure to stay off the provate property up there. Also, there was a rainstorm not to long ago that did a lot of major damage to some roads and trails, and we (the BLM) are in the process of deciding what and how to repair the damage.