Sign in to follow this  

two stroke blues

anyone out there with them. We just our 07 kx 250 in about a week ago and it looks pretty tempting

when I picked up my 450 I picked up a KX250, I cant seem to let go of the 2-smoker, ill be doing the same in 07

No blues here, Once I crossed I never looked back.

I could not have said it better myself!!!!!!

Mike, you had a post about this about 3 months ago. JUST GET THE SMOKER!!! YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT! For me, Thumper or nothing.

I miss the 2 stroke, and mine has only been gone about a month. No regrets on the 450, but do wish I could have afforded both. The fun factor of a two stroke is unmatched. Everything else about the 4 stroke is better when it comes to performance. However, the 450 will never be as FUN for me as a two stroke.

I started racing in the mid 70's and grew up on two strokes, been riding now for over 25 years. Give me 25 years on a 4 stroke and my opinion may change. Two strokes kept me in this sport, and kept me young. But you can't fight or deny the evolution of the sport and that the 4's are better. Now, had the idiots at the AMA made the limits for 4 strokes at 200cc and 400cc, I would still be riding a two stroke. Something tells me that was the whole point, they wanted us on 4 strokes and made sure we had no choice.

Haven't missed or thought about a 2 stroke since the 450!!!

Lets face it. Granit the 450 is easier to ride and stuff. But how many on here make a living riding. The two stroke still has its place. To be honest if I lived next door to a real sandy track I wouldnt mind having a smoker instead of the beast. Now when im out at the track and someone rides by on a new two stroke running VP race gas, it makes me take a deep breath. Damn I love the smell of that stuff. Nothing like it.

I am always going to have both. I love the 2-strokes. I love 4-stokes. I LOVE motorcycles! :thumbsup:

I've ridden 2 strokes since since '79 until just now when I bought the 450, To me it isnt as different as I thought. Less clutch work and shifting is all I really notice, but I do miss the screaming sensation of getting on it on a bad ass 2 stroke,.

I own an 06 YZ 250 & an 06 YZ 450F...wife about killed me...but I wanted to buy 1 more new 2-stroke before they're gone. Oil changes & engine re-builds are WAY cheaper & WAY easier with a 2-stroke...plus, there's nothing like the sound on a 250 2-stroke at full tilt!

I am always going to have both. I love the 2-strokes. I love 4-stokes. I LOVE motorcycles! :thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more, I will always have both. I always thought I would never own a four stroke, but ended up buying one for my son. Then I couldn't resist the price on a leftover 05 kx 250 for me to run at the track as my 500 is way too much. After riding his and mine at the track, I went out and bought the '06 450 as well. So much easier to ride in that scenerio. But both strokes have their place. My 500 is unmatched in the big pits we ride in. In closing I again agree with gunner, I LOVE motorcycles!

grew up on 2's and been riding 4's last 2 years and prolly going back to 2's......250f not enough and $$$$$, and 450f to lazy and heavy......I think I was a better rider on a 2, not faster just better........and like so many have said they are way more fun, and thats really what its all about

I've been back and forth between the 2-stroke and 4-stroke a couple times now and if you're looking for pure fun, buy the smoker. If you're going to race the bike a lot and want an advantage in that light go with the thumper.

I went from a 2000 YZ250 to a 2002 CRF450 to my current bike a 2005 KX250 and I'm trying to sell that so I can get a KXF450.

No doubt in my mind that the 2-strokes are more fun, but having enough power to hang with the other guys on thumpers is also fun so I'm going back to a thumper.

Yep, I got the 2 stroke blues. If you are a serious racer, you need the 4 stroke. I don't know if it is such a power issue but how much easier a 4 stroke is to ride. There is no throttle control needed, you can use 2-3 gears and pretty much be lazy as heck and spin decent laps. The thing I absolutely hate about the 4 strokes is one their reliability and two their cost.

For me, the 2 stroke is much more fun. I LIKE that power hit. Even the 450s, yea, they have great power, but not much hit. But "the hit" is hard to manage, especially on todays tracks that seem to be geared more for the 4 strokes that carve out the rolling lines. I remember when corners used to be square.

If you're racing a 2 stroke in the sea of 4 strokes (like when the thumper blew up again and sucked all dollars out of your wallet) make some of your own lines. Don't follow the 4 stroke lines. Square some corners and drag race the thumpers. Some bikes doing square corners and some bikes doing round corners might be a little "close" but maybe wear your black skull and crossbones jersey that night. Who knows, the thumpers might be a bit intimidated when you actually do out drag race them to the next corner.

But most of all, yea me too, I just love motorcycles. :thumbsup:

anyone out there with them. We just our 07 kx 250 in about a week ago and it looks pretty tempting

Look for a leftover 06 and try to get a deal on it. Its the same bike.Kawi doesnt care about 2 strokes anymore.

Look for a leftover 06 and try to get a deal on it. Its the same bike.Kawi doesnt care about 2 strokes anymore.
There still is a pretty good market for a 250 two stroke. It's the 125's that nobody wants. The 250 2t is still the bike of choice for woods riding and harescrambles. I traded my 05 RM250 in on my bike and the dealer sold it within 2 weeks. The market isn't as strong as the 4 strokes, but there is still a good market for them.

MY dad has my old 2000 cr250, i had to ride it last weekend at an outdoor track. The thing is fast has alot of work done, I had it singing all over the track but when I hopped on my friends 4 stroke I was like oh my god now I know what I missed out on. (my bike was down for the weekend). It was really fun to ride it alot more work and hard to whip at first, for some reason the mechanics of whipping are different on both bikes, twostrokes seem to keep the front end higher so it was wierd getting used the difference. It felt good, but I got bad armpump. My forarms where tingling and imbetween my thumb and index finger hurt from overjumping stuff. You kind of forget how much the 4stroke slows you down and end up hitting stuff too fast lol

They are both fun, i hate maintenance of 4 strokes, and always worrying about your bike breaking everytime you go out, where as with the 2stroke you really don't give a hoot.

There still is a pretty good market for a 250 two stroke. It's the 125's that nobody wants. The 250 2t is still the bike of choice for woods riding and harescrambles. I traded my 05 RM250 in on my bike and the dealer sold it within 2 weeks. The market isn't as strong as the 4 strokes, but there is still a good market for them.

Thats true but Kawasaki is basicly igoring the 2 stroke. I think the 07 KX 250 is just a BNG bike.