Sign in to follow this  

Engine Ice

im being serious :ride: i'm riding in 105 degree weather and my bike is getting warm :thumbsup:

I use it in my yz250f and live in Oregon...it's always over 95 degrees this time of year, and it has been working great for me.

:thumbsup: i started using it in late 2001 when i purchased my first 450r. run it in all my bikes. well not the xr400 :ride:

I started running it and noticed a difference, but mine still flows out some, but then again it was 110+ and I was riding technical trails with the wife so it was going slow the whole day. It did work better then regular coolant though by a good amount.

And don't mind RB he just doesn't have anything else to post in the honda forum now, except trying to sell his clothing line... :thumbsup:

And don't mind RB he just doesn't have anything else to post in the honda forum now, except trying to sell his clothing line... :ride:

I am of the impression that Engine Ice is unnecessary but then again I also think that Yamahas are cool. :thumbsup:

Anybody wanna buy a t-shirt?

I am of the impression that Engine Ice is unnecessary

Are you serious on this one? And I never said Yamaha's aren't cool, I love the anniversary edition and am a HUGE Colin Edwards fan :thumbsup:

I'm using Royal Purple's purple ice in evrything and I notice quite a difference. Also, w/i the past 3 months either dirt bike or dirt rider ran an article and voted it best bang for the buck in a comparo of all the different products, including engine ice. Just remember that you get better heat transfer with less antifreeze concentration., but big red says no less than 40% in the manual for corrosion protection.

well guys, i bought it. i will let you know how it works out tomorrow :thumbsup:

I can't wait! :thumbsup:

:ride: thanks for having !great! enthusiasm redbeard

If you really bought some Engine Ice..........first make up a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and distilled water, fill up the cooling system and let it idle until the bike gets hot. Shut it off, drain, refill, let it run for a couple more minutes, then flush the system with distilled water. Now fill up the cooling system with engine ice.

You should really clean the system before you put the Engine Ice in there. That's what they suggest if you think I'm being sarcastic and BS'ing you. :thumbsup:

i cleaned it out well before i put it in. any of you heard of that wiseco piston that they are running in the sattelite bikes?