Sign in to follow this  

Differences Between TTR125 and TTR125L

I want to buy a TTR to build up with YZ suspension. I am looking at a 2000 TTR125. Will I run into problems swapping the suspension onto a non big wheel version TTR? Does the BBR frame cradle work on one? If Simone that knows a lot about these bikes can list the differences and let me know of any issues I might have, I would appreciate it.

The small wheel ttr does work with the yz suspention, but you just need to buy the yz front wheel also. The differences between a ttr125 and ttr125L is that the ttr125L has a 19 insh front wheel with disk brake, and a longer swingarm with a 16 inch rear wheel. The BBR frame cradle works with both. The ttr125L is also taller by like

1 1/2". When and if you buy the yz suspention, with a ttr125, buy the whole front end. (the forks, clamp, brake assembly, and wheel)

If you have the small wheel TTR and try to add the YZ Suspension it is going to ride like a chopper. Be sure to remember the rear swing arm, wheel size and rear shock are all different as well. It is a smooth conversion with the L, but a pain in the butt with the small tire.

We had the small tire and decided it was cheaper to upgrade to an 85 rather than all the conversions.

get the ttr125L its a lot of fun to do stoppies on.

It is really not that hard to do with the small wheel. And with a longer shock, it rides just fine. I have the small wheel and love it. Just get what ever bike is best for the price! The best I could find was a small wheel, so I got that.

oh, and its stroke not bore...

so the engines are completely incompatible.

...just in case you were wondering.

why dont u buy a 85 or a 125 or a 250F???

Dude, check out my sig, I have plenty of big bikes. I am just looking for a fun minibike for me, that would also serve as a bike for my sister.

Be sure to remember the rear swing arm, wheel size and rear shock are all different as well. It is a smooth conversion with the L, but a pain in the butt with the small tire.

I would be putting the YZ swinger and shock on as well, so this wouldn't be an issue.

the 125 has a 123.9cc engine

I didn't know this, this could be an issue. Does anyone know if the BBR and other engine mods won't work on the non big wheel?

Hey I am also in the process of converting my 2004 TTR-E to a TTR-L, but I haven't done anything except remove the airbox snorket, and I am trying to save money on the parts needed to convert to a TTR-L above all else. I went on ebay and found a seller who was selling most of the TTR-L parts I needed to convert(but I am still waiting to get it in the mail). I heard in this forum you need the L frame because it comes with a different rear shock, which you will want/need, but I could be wrong and you might be able to just bolt the stock TTR-L or whichever aftermarket or alternative set of forks and swingarm to your TTR-E frame, I will soon find out, but for sure you will need a set of forks that are compatible with your triple clamps, and longer swingarm that can accept the larger wheels and is compatible with your frame.

Also you can either opt to get an TTR-L stock shock (if you have an TTR-L frame) or aftermarket one (Works will work for both frames I think), then you will need either a TTR125LE 19" Front Wheel/16"rear wheel or, you can get all the master cylinder/brake line cable and parts you need with the Reeger kit (reeger engineering or one of the companies that makes a bolt up front end kit CR80/85 forks) for the fork swap, works shock..

If you simply want to improve the front end with the least amount of ebay effort, you can get practically all the parts to do your CR80/85 conversion kit from Reeger for about 2000$, you might just give them a call and tell them what you are doing and you should get some answers...I'm probably not the best person to ask on this, but we are in the same boat so I thought I'd give my experience with research so far and maybe we can .

TTRE-TTRL Engines are exactly the same...whoever said they are different,

why would a company waste time with designing two engines that are 1cc apart and designed for the same model bike?

the 125 has a 123.9cc engine

the 125L has a 124.9cc engine

thats equivalent to about 1hp

uhh 1 cc isnt gona produce 1 hp or a ttr 125 would RIP!!! i do beleive they have the same engine too so there wouldnt be a cc difference but ill check...i could be wrong

oh, and its stroke not bore...

so the engines are completely incompatible.

...just in case you were wondering.

Then why does the TTR125LES and TTR125ES use the same part number for the crank assembly, piston, and cylinder?

yea I was just kidding about the 1cc thing. Sorry, didnt want to confuse anybody.

you should strap on a TW200 motor on that TTR... the bolts line up perfectly, the motor mounts are nearly identical for the TTR125 and the TW200 enduro.

ok yea im kidding agian..

:thumbsup: