Sign in to follow this  

New 2600 acre Motorcycle Park

Kudo's to Don for having the balls!! Great write-up too.

I just hope he protects his interest by requiring mandatory safety gear for "every" rider (bike or quad) or else he will be inundated with lawsuits!.

Don :thumbsup:

As of right now, Durhamtown Plantation is one of our families favorite places to ride. Having another family oriented facility of this magnitude, would be outstanding! GOOD LUCK!

SCSpode, where are ya? I know he got invited to a "preview ride" and had some good feedback.

Heah eye iz. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I got to ride out there on June 11th (and I was actually interviewed for that article - I'll let you figure out who eye iz).

I hope to give a more detailed write-up one day but it may have to wait until another pre-opening ride to be more accurate.

It had a lot of potential when we were there but all the trail was for quads and two-way.

:ride:

Yeah, I got to ride out there on June 11th (and I was actually interviewed for that article - I'll let you figure out who eye iz).

I hope to give a more detailed write-up one day but it may have to wait until another pre-opening ride to be more accurate.

It had a lot of potential when we were there but all the trail was for quads and two-way.

They are supposed to be fully operational in the begining of 2007. I'm sure it will be alot different since June.

They are supposed to be fully operational in the begining of 2007. I'm sure it will be alot different since June.

From my conversations with the owners, the biggest changes between now and the opening will be the addition of the buildings.

They're supposed to be putting in some single track but they are primarily a quad-oriented organization.

And I'm not holding my breath on the opening date. It's already been pushed back from this past June.

:thumbsup:

Sorry dude, did'nt meen to call you out. :cry: I got it. Do you think they are realy planning to keep the trail 2-way?

Sorry dude, did'nt meen to call you out. :cry: I got it. Do you think they are realy planning to keep the trail 2-way?

No offense taken, just saw my name and reflexively answered. :thumbsup:

I don't know about the 2-way situation. It seems to be a quad thing. We expressed our concerns about it with the owners but it was really hard to get a read on their reaction. They looked a bit confused that we had concerns about it - like they thought that was just the way all trails were made.

I've heard they've started on some single track but haven't seen it for myself.

I was actually involved in a collision that day when I stopped to wait on another rider and was sitting off the trail at a "T" intersection. A rider crested the hill to my left and was headed straight down toward me. He couldn't get stopped in time and I couldn't get the bike fired quick enough. Thankfully, no one was hurt but it pointed out the problems with blind intersections and the need for traffic control. :ride:

SCSpode,

Where are you in SC

Smack-dab in the middle: Columbia.

:thumbsup:

sweet for you when the park opens, I'm in Charleston

sweet for you when the park opens, I'm in Charleston

If I can afford it! :thumbsup:

It sounds like it may end up being something I have to save for, like a vacation! :cry:

I have family in Greenville. Looks like the bike is coming with me from now on.

:thumbsup::ride::cry::ride::ride::crazy:

If anyone local to this hears more info please fill us in. I would be more than happy to take a few days vacation to head down there.