Sign in to follow this  

Awesome Michigan riding area off the ORV trails. PSP quality vids included.

Five of us were cruising down the ORV trails in Northern Michigan and when we started to pass this little gem of a place we had to stop and check it out. I don't know what this place was but man it sure was sweet. There wasn't a track anywhere in this place. We were the first to find it in a while. The camera doesn't do these hills justice. Some of them were really steep and the one that looks like a huge burm was just fricken awesome. The little water hole at the bottom was only a few feet deep and was crystal clear. There was another water hole just on the other side of that one as well. This place was pretty huge as you can see from the camera and there were even steeper hills on the opposite side from where the camera footage is from.

I'm adding some vids here. They are all PSP quality Mpeg 4 I only had 25 mb to deal with.

You may want to turn down your volume a little bit. This was the first time I used my helmet cam and have yet to figure out how to eliminate some of the wind noise. Next time I'm gonna try a piece of tape over the mic.

This is the first one when we just arrived there.

Arriving there

The second one is me going to the top of the big hill and circling the huge burm like hill that has the water at the bottom. It was truley a sight to see. I was checking it out to see if I could make it around that sucker.

Checking out the hill

This one is my Bro on his wr450 giving it a shot. I took the low line on my 250 earlier.

Bro ripping it up

Ok I can fit one more. This is me on my wr250 trying to hit my bro's line. At the bottom there is a big bump so it's hard to carry speed into the hill. I start off good in second then start to pick up some speed and try to upshift but then I started to bog and slow down so I had to downshift and I just make it over.

Me hitting the burm

Well I hope you guys enjoy it was a fun day and this place was a blast.

was that off of the pickford trail about 20-30 minutes north of the bridge? if it is i ran across that same gravel pit a couple of years ago...and your right...the videos don't do it justice.

was that off of the pickford trail about 20-30 minutes north of the bridge? if it is i ran across that same gravel pit a couple of years ago...and your right...the videos don't do it justice.

Wow, you were like 10 minutes away from me man. Theirs tons of gravel pits all around us...I live right outside of the Sault (6 Mile). My buddy lives out in Pickford and we play paintball out their and stuff...Did you head out west to Newberry? I know the trails lead all over the place, when we drive to the track we can see the trails on side of the road in some spots...track is in Newberry. I'm not much of a trail rider anymore, but if I wanted to it's right out my back door.

It's near Cheboygan. I'm not sure where Newberry is. My parents own a home on Lake huron and we went up there to visit. These were the ORV trails near black lake. They are pretty sweet. I even heard that it's legal to ride on the county rodes up there.

It's near Cheboygan. I'm not sure where Newberry is. My parents own a home on Lake huron and we went up there to visit. These were the ORV trails near black lake. They are pretty sweet. I even heard that it's legal to ride on the county rodes up there.

You just said you were 30 minutes north of the bridge...which means you're in the U.P. Cheboygan is in the lower peninsula... :thumbsup:

You just said you were 30 minutes north of the bridge...which means you're in the U.P. Cheboygan is in the lower peninsula... :thumbsup:

Someone else asked if he was.. He didn't say it...

Hey Suade... Clear your inbox.. Can't PM you...