Sign in to follow this  

2009 Husky Pics

they couldn't off got the 2009 up and ready could they? the 07 haven't com out yet u sure there 09s not 08s or something. But they sure look sweet they completely changed the engine reminds me of a Yamaha engine but hey looks good and the black is over the top a little but who nows Wat they might look like. RICKY

That is bad the most awful bike I've seen really s :thumbsup: t

The best part must be that secondhand values of the older models should stay high with a bid of luck!

I'm keepin my 04

I applaud their effort to make a smaller motor to better compete weight wise with the jap MXers. The motor looks crude and odd because it is a full proto as is obvious by the CNC machined cases and tidbits, I;m guessing the final production unit will look very sweet indeed. Wonder what that cover is on the front of the cylinder? Also the stuff where the front numberplate mounts is probably data acquisition hardware. Curious that it still seems to have a carb and no EFI.

Also of notable mention is the swingarm and frame / linkage. the swingarm has the linkage bolt point much lower and the linkage itself much lower. Probably a combination of lowing weight / mass, and making room for a larger more efficient airbox. Also notice where the sub frame attaches there is a little protrusion for it like on the newer KTMs.

That is bad the most awful bike I've seen really s :thumbsup: t

The best part must be that secondhand values of the older models should stay high with a bid of luck!

I'm keepin my 04

You realize this is a full on prototype and the production version will look very much like the 07's right?

I want that one now!!!

that motor cant be bigger than a 85cc 2stroke engine

WOW look how small that engine is on the left side. Also notice the catch tank and radial mounted front caliper.

I'd like mine in a 350 please.

P5474.jpg

Holy Sh1t, that is small...and thats the 510! 8-)

It does look amazing, I hope they keep the current cam/valve arangement for easy of maintenance and performance.

Lets hope they release it in 2007 as a 2008 model!

William

Santa Cruz, Ca

05.jpg

and it actually runs???

Wow

Santa Cruz, Ca

05.jpg

and it actually runs???

Wow

Santa Cruz, Ca

Looks like it bubba scrubs as well. Cool, I always wanted to be able to do that :thumbsup:

Maybe it just has rear rebound dampening that is totally out of whack to give LTR and ACE more work!

Joe

PS ACE now is including a fork buching mod with its fork revalve. Basically reduces tube stichion without hurting seal life. Kind of a poor mans teflon tube coating but not $800 bucks!

05.jpg

and it actually runs???

Wow

Santa Cruz, Ca

It's Probably Alex Puzar. He won a 125 world championship on a Husky and I think he still tests bikes for them.

Looks like they are reducing the weight by reducing the height of the head so that the valve cover that is made out of lighter material covers the cams, gone to a stick style ignition coil, reduced the size of the rightside primary cover and made the engine narrower by moving the oil pump to an external position (right now our oil pump lives inside the primary cover). It also looks like they may have stacked the transmission to centralize mass and to shorten the overall engine/transmission length. All good in my book but I think I'd want to run a guard on my oil pump.

Hopefully they tossed the existing slave cylinder into the weeds and have a cush drive mounted on the clutch basket.

It strikes me as what I thought about the first modern Husky thumper back in the eighties: they bolted a thumper top end to a two-stroke bottom-end, added an oil pump and a cam chain gear off of the crank. Cool!

I know its been said but an overdrive 6th especially in the TE 250 and thats all I can think thats needed.

I know its been said but an overdrive 6th especially in the TE 250 and thats all I can think thats needed.

I couldnt agree more...i like very much the design of the new engine...except the lack of the 6th gear :thumbsup:

KTM as it in the '07 250EXCF (...and its a WIDE RATIO gearbox) and first reports says that it has enough power to pull it....i hope that in the final version of this engine, at least the enduro version, it uses a 6gear wide ratio gearbox.