Sign in to follow this  

QUIET aftermarket exhaust for '95 XR250

All, Anyone have any suggestions for a nice aftermarket pipe for my '95 XR250 that will help the bike breath but still allow me to rum quietly? I don't mind being a bit louder than stock but would like to loose some weight and get a bit more grunt. I did a search but didn't come up with anything.

Thanks in advance.

James

I have a SuperTrapp on my 91. It's tunable with discs you can add or remove. More discs give you more top end but louder, less discs gives better low end torque and is quieter.

I run 8 discs on mine.

It's louder than stock when you get on it, but just cruising it's not too bad.

I have a cobra with the turned end tip. It sounds real quite with a stock 250. I bit louder with a 280. But I am still tons quiter than my friends Suppertrap(8-10 Discs) on his XR300. The trick is my bike came with the exhaust, and I think cobra only makes Quad mufflers now.

Thanks for the responses. Does anyone know if the White Bros or Supertrapp will fit a '95? All they list are '96 and newer.

Thanks! James

No - the '96 to '04 pipe will not fit your bike.

I experimented with different pipes on the '95 xr250r - I was setting up a bike to compete in the ISDE qualifier series - somewhat delusionally trying to qualify for the six day enduro (that year it was in poland).

I had the cobra - it choked off power.

For power and sound the stock pipe with a thumper racing baffle works best to meet isde sound requirements.

Another possible option - I had a friend order a baffle off of an older xr200 and put it on this era bike.

jeff

Oregon, Thanks for the info. I have seen the XR-Only pipes but from the way they look I imagine they are pretty loud, even with their baffle.

What do you think?

James

They (XR's only pipes) ARE very loud, even with the baffle. They sound pretty raspy with the baffle in, but without the baffle, they sound great! It's such a deep powerful tone, people have trouble believing I'm on just a 250!