Sign in to follow this  

03 auto-decompression cam P/N confirmation Please

I just receive my cam from TT. :thumbsup: I know the part number in the FAQ section says 5UL-12180-00 but the yamaha box says 5UL-12180-10. Is there a difference? Did I get the right cam? Thanks.

Nice. :thumbsup: Thanks. It looks like a cam install for me tomorrow night then riding sat morning. :ride:

Search is down...or for the moment, but I luckily happened upon this thread.

Thumpertalk has the -00 (listed as 2004 YZ250F)

MX Mall has the -10 (listed as 2006 YZ250F)

If they are the same, would it work on an 06 WR250F? Hopefully I will get the newer -10 as well.

I don't think there were any engine changes (hopefully) from the 05 to 06, except for the AIS and the electronic readout.

I just bought one. How long did it take you to do the install? It's seems intimidating to begin.

We started it last night and so far it has taken about 1 1/2 hours. All I have to do is pick up a new torque wrench and torque everything down and we are done I hope. My neighbor that is helping me do this is a mechanic for one of the Factory Suzuki Superbike teams. One of his friends came over that works for Showa building the suspensions for those bikes so we were doing alot of bs'n. I think it should take about 2 hours for a novice cam installer if you worked without any sidetracks.

Here's one more recommendation:

The manual calls for 7.2 ft/lb (86 in/lb) torque on the cam cap bolts. I have always felt this to be a little high for this application, partly because the threads are specified to be lubed, rather than dry, and mostly because my experience tells me that it feels too damn tight. I use 75 in/lb (6.2 ft/lb) instead.

Here's one more recommendation:

The manual calls for 7.2 ft/lb (86 in/lb) torque on the cam cap bolts. I have always felt this to be a little high for this application, partly because the threads are specified to be lubed, rather than dry, and mostly because my experience tells me that it feels too damn tight. I use 75 in/lb (6.2 ft/lb) instead.

Thanks for the advice. :thumbsup: I will use it when I put it back together. I hope this thing fires up right away. I need to go :ride: saturday morning.