Sign in to follow this  

Dunlop k 490

I got a pair of Dunlop`s K490 as a gift, i`m in need of new rubber but since i had never heard of these tires before and they dont appear on Dunlop`s catalog i wanted to know from anyone who has had them if they are any good or if i should sell them instead and get the 739?

Search is out and i couldnt find any reviews on the net.

Thanks.

That front makes an awsome ice tire. That tire is like the holly grail as far as ice tires goes.

As for dirt most dont seem to like them too much. They come stock on lots of bikes.

I have a K490 on the front of my 125, and it absolutely sucks on anything but blue groove terrain, or close to it. Sand, don't even think about it. It will always wash in corners, even with a big ol' berm.

I have had good luck with the K490 front tire, and consider it a good allround tire. I recall an incident several years back where I had installed an IRC VE35 front tire on my '96 Husaberg FE600e and was in Parker, AZ. I thought that the IRC had worked at least OK in CA, however out in the desert the IRC tire was so treacherous that I immediately removed it, went into Parker and bought the only available tire which happened to be a K490. Compared to the IRC, the K490 was like magic.....stuck to the trails well and no more crashes.

It's decent on the back.

According to my old Dunlop tire info, the K490 was a front tire only.

When you say you got a pair I assume you got front and rear, front is a great tire and works well, the rear was not that good and was a play bike rear tire, it didn't like to have any power put to it and didn't last long, almost no traction after the edge was slightly rounded, wouldn't stop me from mounting it, just don't expect alot from it, the rears were real cheap, but one day at the MX track and I would give the tire away...

These tires came on stock off-road bikes for many years in the 90's.

One friend loves the front tire.

Another friend ripped them off new bikes and gave them to me.

It's an OK tire on most terrain, better on hard pack.

A new tire is better than a worn out tire.

Free is a very good price!

Yeah free stuff is as good as it gets.

Sorry for the inconvenience guys but i did my research and i couldnt find anything and i tought it was a play bike tire like 450x22 said.

Thanks and see you around thumpertalk