Sign in to follow this  

Should I be expecting more of my body?

I have found a great beginner-intermediate lvl mx track and have started to ride mx a lot more. I have ridden twice this week and the last time I rode, I went for 1.5 hours maybe breaking for a total of 10 minutes throughout the 1.5 hours and afterwards I was dead. I mean I was so tired that I feel asleep on the way home. (my mom takes me to the track)

I guess what I am saying is: Should I expect to last any longer? I do ride an '03 YZ450F which I think is part of the reason why I am getting tired so fast. I do push myself the entire time I am on the track so I am wondering if 1.5 hours is all I should expect. I usually do not get arm pump until the very end of my 1.5 hour ride. Should I be able to go for more than 1.5 hours and if so, what workouts should I do to train myself so that I can go longer?

I know everybody keeps on saying the more you ride the longer you will last, but once school starts again in like 2 weeks I will only be able to ride maybe once a week. So, I will have to have some workouts that I can do so that I dont lose all my strength during the school year.

Also, on this particular jump at the track I go to, the owner was watching me and said that my front end was getting a little high on this step down double/ski jump. It is like 50 ft and the landing is kinda harsh so I was thinking that it was better to land front wheel high with the throttle on. But, since the owner said I should try landing front wheel a little lower, I thought that I would try it. I found out that I dont know how to get the front wheel down in the air. I tried pulling on the bars to get my body forward and thus bring the front end down but that just caused the front wheel to go higher.

All help is appreciated!

Don't worry about it. If you are riding hard MX for 1.5 hrs w/ only a 10 minute break and your just starting MX, that is very good. :thumbsup:

For real.... If you can ride at 85% for 1.5 hours, you're an ox and you say you're riding full on. I say you're doin great.

I found that when you want to get the front wheel lower that you need to lean a little more forward when taking off on the upramp.

When u take off try to keep your body at 90 degrees to the flat ground if u know what i mean.

Thanks for the replys especially stock510. I changed my body position a little bit and it helped me out a lot. As far as the whole tiring out after 1.5 hours, it was just because I didnt have any carbohydrates. Yesterday I went again but I had a gatorade and some bread before and during my time at the track and I was still ready to go when i was leaving.

I think I went through about a gallon of gas in 1.5 hours. I probably would have gone through more on a bigger track but this track only has like 2 straights where you can get into top gear so its not a super fast track

Dude- if you have the stamina to ride for 1.5 hrs with one 10 min break it tells me a couple things. Your probably in very good physical shape but on the down side your not riding "Hard enough" or your track isn't tough enough. I ride with a Nat Pro, he trains 4-5 Hrs a day off the bike, when he rides he does 2 35 min moto's and he is totally spent. Our practice track has large jumps, stadium whoops and is very technical, I can only do 2- 15 minute motos until I drop, I race at the local vet a level and train a lot also. If you do last 1.5 hrs of hard riding in full race conditions, you are defiantly the envy of all and have a bright future in mx racing. Be safe...

1 gallon in 1.5 hours doesnt seem right

thats what i thought :thumbsup:

One time i rode for about 6-7 hours in one day with only about 1.5 break time totall. I was riding pretty hard. I had to take a break ever 2-3 laps because my fingers would go numb :ride:

the reason i rode so long is because i didnt want to go back because my parents got in this HUGE fight at the track and didnt want anybody to know i was with them :cry: