Sign in to follow this  

let there be lights

I am a night rider and the stock light just ain't getting it dun.

I have ordered the acerobics Blitz with the two 50 watt bulb upgrades. I am assuming they will work OK with my standard set up, cuz it says it will.

Should i wire in a shut off switch?

Anyone had any experience with this light or a different one I should consider.

thanks

Out Thumped :thumbsup:

I have that same headlight on my YZ400 with a WR426 stator and flywheel. Works awsome.

That headlight comes stock with 2 35 watt bulbs. You will have to buy / install the 50 watt bulbs.

Only downside I have had is the stock wires are garbage. Go to a home lighting store and get some replacement wires for it. Once you take it apart you will see that there is a ceramic conector for the bulb with 2 wires coming out of it. The wires are cheep and break super easy. At least mine did. Maybe they have changed something since I got mine a few years ago. But the home lighting store had those fittings in stock and way cheeper than what Acerbis wants for replacement parts.

That light with the 50w bulbs works killer for me. I wired it so both bulbs are on all the time. Love it.

Thanks for the advise.

My light is on back order so AI have been brain storming, not as intense as it sounds.

Can you put a 50 watt bulb in the stock light?

What is the brightest most usable light, The different versions all sound like they have benifits. Can you run the spot lights and the flood lights at the same time, they neglect to add this tid bit.

The cyclops also sounds like a good option, although ugly.

Do these lights have an on off, hi/ low switch, looks like you would be driving on coming people into a ditch.

Out Thumped :thumbsup: