Sign in to follow this  

99 f150?

are they any good? there is one for sale up the road from me with a V6, 5 spd, 2wd, a/c, and its a longbed. 160000 miles though :thumbsup: asking 2900. is it even worth throwing an offer at, or is that too many miles?

I've got a 99. So far no issues. Some 99's had cracks that appear around the drivers side window. The 5 speed sometimes is sensitive to clutch position and the snynco's in transmission allows the gears to clash. Assuming the truck has been reasonably maintained, there should be another 30-40k miles easily left in it. I see that you are from the north also, I have no body rust, so Ford did a decent rust proof job on that model year. Check some Ford websites like F150online to some more specific issues that may plague 6 cylinder engines if any.

My dads 98' v-6 had a idle, and an overheating issue but other than that a good motor. Body and drive have been flawless. I am not certain but I believe that he has 120-130K on his. At $2900 I would say that it is a good deal. He gets @18MPG with his 5 spd short bed 2wd.