Sign in to follow this  

Front sproket/Jesse's

If I understand correct the front sproket that Jesse sell's is not the same as the OEM. I have one and am going to put it on my DR. It comes with a big clip. Is this clip supposed to replace the 3 bolts? or do you use them also? Can someone explain it's instalation. And has anybody had any problems with them? Thanks

The clip will install but will leave alot of slack in the sprocket. He claims this is ok, but I simply don't trust it, it will move forward and backward. He claims the chain will pull it, but looks to me like this loose fit will wear the shaft. I would recommend using the stock mounting bolts/plate. The stock plates lip will grind into the chain, you'll see it when you mount it. Just use a grinder to grind down this lip all the way around so that it don't rub.

The clip will install but will leave alot of slack in the sprocket. He claims this is ok, but I simply don't trust it, it will move forward and backward. He claims the chain will pull it, but looks to me like this loose fit will wear the shaft. I would recommend using the stock mounting bolts/plate. The stock plates lip will grind into the chain, you'll see it when you mount it. Just use a grinder to grind down this lip all the way around so that it don't rub.

Is that because the smaller sproket 14T allow's the chain to get closer to the plate? That would make sense to me. The clip may work fine but I would feel more comfortable with the bolts installed. Thanks for both reply's Cheers :thumbsup:

Yeah its because it allows the chain closer to the sprocket..I'm like you, the clip should be ok , especially if Jessee claims it to be, but I just feel more comfortable with a snug fit and the bolts/plate.

what about the spacer that goes between the plate and sprocket?

Just two 22 circlips, no spacer, no plate. That'll do perfect.

Does anyone have a picture of the circlip installation?

Just two 22 circlips, no spacer, no plate. That'll do perfect.

Do the circlips go on either side of the sprocket, or just the outside?

Just the outside. You use two of them just to fill the groove on the shaft.

If your rear wheel is correctly aligned the front sprocket will auto-align to the rear spocket without running against either the engine case or the circlips.

When I ordered the 14t front sprocket I was somewhat perplexed when it came with the c-clip. However, it just slips into the notch just before the end of the shaft. The other retainer used for the std sprocket wwas not required.