Sign in to follow this  

crf 250 heads

heres an interesting thing i have been getting crf 250 heads for the last 2 weeks when every one elses are back ordered its like they say its who you know i originally ordere 06 heads and im getting a new number ending in AOO these have to be the 07 heads because they have a real nice ex port just like the ones i have been welding the floor up in. it makes you wonder if i ran around here with a bare ass if it would show up in japan i changed the floor in the first 04 heads on the intake side and widended them out and what happens in 05 the damm ports look just like the wons i had been doing .this isnt the first time this has happened harley copyed some ports and manifolds i had been producing but i beleive that had to do with a freind that was @ engine development @ the factory .i just got in 3 more heads a few miniutes ago.

So is my head you shipped today and 06 or an 07? Any fitment problems?

wow what a small world I thought was the only tuner in the world welding exhaust & intake floors......oh yah i forgot i borrowed from Kanamoto almost 30 years ago.......and he borrowed from Askland........although Harley likes invent other peoples thoughts....huh willie G

bustphat

wow what a small world I thought was the only tuner in the world welding exhaust & intake floors......oh yah i forgot i borrowed from Kanamoto almost 30 years ago.......and he borrowed from Askland........although Harley likes invent other peoples thoughts....huh willie G

bustphat

I am sure ron is not the one but he is very "public" here about what he does with these motors. Alot of tuners keep their info stored with the holy grail....

bustphat

I know honda did not copy my ports and i know lots of pepole have welded ports up and welded guide holes shut and changed valve angles and such i just find it commical that honda has made there changes very simlar to what i have done .in harleys case well thats a diferent story .any way the crf head has been supersede the12010-KRN-850 is now 12010-KRN-A00 it has the same intake port and a raised floor and roof on the ex side

First, I checked that # with service Honda It does not exist yet.Second is that # for the 07 head and would you recommend it over the 06 head.

like i said it supersedes the 12010-KRN-850 it has to be the 07 head and yes i definatley like the ex port . well the way i see it the intake port needs to be down drafted and the air box needs to be placed where the fuel tank is with fuel injection it would also be able to use a much shorter induction system meaning the throttle body could be half as long as a carb and being fuel injected it would already have a pump for the fuel so the fuel tank could be mounted where the air box originall exsisted .could you imagine what a 250 would feel like with 1.5 gallons of fuel over 10 " lower on the bike .

like i said it supersedes the 12010-KRN-850 it has to be the 07 head and yes i definatley like the ex port . well the way i see it the intake port needs to be down drafted and the air box needs to be placed where the fuel tank is with fuel injection it would also be able to use a much shorter induction system meaning the throttle body could be half as long as a carb and being fuel injected it would already have a pump for the fuel so the fuel tank could be mounted where the air box originall exsisted .could you imagine what a 250 would feel like with 1.5 gallons of fuel over 10 " lower on the bike .

Better get a Super Grippy seat cover!!

Rode a VOR 530, carburated with about 1/2 gallon fuel under the seat. I felt like i was riding on the gas cap. Did not notice alot of weight transfer, and was fairly flicable for the monster that it was. Can only imagine the that setup on a 250. Maybe will see it in 08.