Sign in to follow this  

Oil Leak Please help

I am having a lot of trouble with my bike. It seems like there is oil coming from everywhere. I cant find the leak right now which is my problem. I took the front sprocket off and replaced the two o rings and it still leaked. Is it possible for it to be coming out of the tranny (where the gear shift is) because i mean it leaks a lot. :thumbsup: Please help.

We have two and haven't had any leaking problems. It can leak out of the Shifter area, usually if a shifter leaks it weeps all the time because it is low in the transmission and is always below the oil line. Try jiggling the shifter to see if it leaks sitting still, I guess it could only leak while you are shifting it.

What I would do is clean it up really good, then ride it short distances, maybe only several yards, stop and look for oil that is just starting to leak from the source.

There's a rubber seal behind the countershaft sprocket remember, sometimes it breaks up and leaks oil. There is a seal on the gear shift too form the transmission possibly may be that also. What year is this bike and how many hours?