Sign in to follow this  

400 E vs. S ?'s

I have a few questions that i couldnt find definative answers about regarding the differences between the E to the S.

1. Do they have the same transmisson?

2. What is the MPG i can expect on an E?

3. What is the recamended oil change interval for the E?

i think thats all

1. yes

2. depends on how hard you twist your wrist, 20-50mpg

3. same as for the S, not often enough according to suzuki if you ask me

The E and S have the same transmission, but the final drive gearing is different. The E has a lower gear ratio, better for slow speed technical dirt obstacles. The S gearing is taller for a much better cruising speed on the highway. My E tops out around 75 mph, it's smooth at 55.

I get 100 miles on a tank, sometimes more, in the dirt. Much better on a dual sport ride. But it really depends on how you are twisting the throttle.

This is an incredibly well build motor, built to last a long time. Oil changes depend on the use, like terrain and how hard you're revving it. I go about 1,500 miles, some guys go more, some less.

All of the above.....If your looking to do some riding on the road and your state will allow you to plate an E? buy the E. Everyone seems to mod their S model's to gain E like performance, base gasket, carb, cams, etc, etc..... :thumbsup:

Thanks for the fast response,

Im gonna check out an E tomarrow thats already plated.

Does anyone know just for curiosities sake, how indiana is in obtatining plates for a dirt bike?

i need help. ive been riding quads forever. i can hold wheelies for a long time. i just bought a drz400sm. i cant do wheelies no matter how much i practice. i just cannot get used to the twist throttle. does anyone know how i can install a thumb throttle? the thumb throttle is no problem for me. im so used to it. im used to holding onto the bars for dear life, and the twist just feels way wrong to me. somebody please help me.

i need help. ive been riding quads forever. i can hold wheelies for a long time. i just bought a drz400sm. i cant do wheelies no matter how much i practice. i just cannot get used to the twist throttle. does anyone know how i can install a thumb throttle? the thumb throttle is no problem for me. im so used to it. im used to holding onto the bars for dear life, and the twist just feels way wrong to me. somebody please help me.

Interesting choice of threads to put this question in :thumbsup:

Not sure why you would want to do that, all the fast quad guys I know run twist throttles.

i need help. ive been riding quads forever.
Admitting the problem is the first step. Congratulations.