Sign in to follow this  

msr isde pant

Are these winter weight pants or are they light enough for year round riding? What about the renegade? I see they make it vented or not vented? Any help on the MSR brand would be great Thanks

I have the MSR ISDE pants from last year. They have revised them, made them more durable and more $$$. I like mine if there is a chance of rain. They are much warmer than standard MX pants since they have no venting. The Gelnots works pretty well in the rain but they are not 100% waterproof. I have worn mine in rain and you still get a little wet (i.e. in the seat) but not too bad.

If the ride is short or chance of rain is nil, I'll stick to my Moose XCR pants. But when the rain is likely the MSR ISDE's are the ticket.

The isde pants are great all year round. you'll love them in the cold weather. in the summer they get a little warm, but not bad. for 180 bucks.

I recently had a very poor experience with my Gelanots pants and hydroshel. Both leaked a ton especially the pants. I have the '05 model and after a 60 mile ride in off and on heavy rain I was completely soaked below the waist and fairly damp in my shirt.

My son used the '06 ISDE pant which kept him drier but I don't like the heavier material in the legs which probably prevents putting them inside the boots.

Any experience with Klim for waterproofness?