Sign in to follow this  

Help !!!

Okay I bought my 06 Drz 400sm about a month ago and it seems when I try going to 3rd gear it won't let me unless I slow down??? Am I revving it up too high??? 2nd question is if I want to cut the hole on top of my air box will I need to jet it as well ??? I bought my bike cash so I don't have any money left over for any mods right now...So should I wait and jet the bike first then do the 3x3 ???

Don't have a clue on the 3rd gear issue :thumbsup:

You should do the 3x3 and jetting at the same time.....don't do one without the other.

Ron W.

It won't hurt the bike but it will run like sh*t :thumbsup:

But to answer the other question, you need to adjust your clutch cable or if that is good then tighten the pinch bolt on the shifter. Those are the first two things to check for poor shifting. No you are not reving it too high to shift.

Will it mess the bike up if you do the 3x3 without jetting the bike ???

I have stock carb ,stock pipe with stock jetting (I'm at 4600 ft). The 3x3 improved my performance immensely without re-jetting. I'm waiting for the

fcr/mx carb before putting on the yosh rc3 pipe and re-jetting.

Yeah I took the screen out of the pipe and took the tip of the pipe off and it runs waaaaayyyy better....Now I just need to save up to buy a jet kit and a pipe and I will be ready to go....Thanks for the help I feel much better now